Free oil from work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always check to be sure that ring seal isn't broken when I buy oil. Walmart where I live checks when you return oil, obviously they've gotten burnt a few times.

I bought my Valvoline from WalMart when they had it on a pallet. I'm quite sure it is the real 5w30. It's cute that some people now call 5w25 a "Scooby Snack". AND I just had my mechanic install the
TRIPLE engine heater: one heater hose 850W, one block 400W, and one oil pan 150W. I had my mechanic put on a new oil pan so it has a new non corroded surface for the KATZ heater to adhere to. I'm going to try it out with a 3 hour timer. ALSO, there is a battery blanket heater installed as well!!! YEE HAW!!!

Originally Posted By: scoobie
I bought my Valvoline from WalMart when they had it on a pallet. I'm quite sure it is the real 5w30. It's cute that some people now call 5w25 a "Scooby Snack". AND I just had my mechanic install the
TRIPLE engine heater: one heater hose 850W, one block 400W, and one oil pan 150W. I had my mechanic put on a new oil pan so it has a new non corroded surface for the KATZ heater to adhere to. I'm going to try it out with a 3 hour timer. ALSO, there is a battery blanket heater installed as well!!! YEE HAW!!!

So let's get this straight; you busted on JustinH for returning unused curtains that were in a bag for $88, but you're going to spend that much a day in electricity to heat your oil pan and battery, and he's a bad guy?

Thanks for wasting electricity and helping to destroy our planet.

Sheesh.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I always check to be sure that ring seal isn't broken when I buy oil.

^^Yep,same here. EVERY time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zaedock

So let's get this straight; you busted on JustinH for returning unused curtains that were in a bag for $88, but you're going to spend that much a day in electricity to heat your oil pan and battery, and he's a bad guy?

Sheesh.

Don't worry, he just makes up stuff to post here.

Got a problem with that?
grin2.gif
Anyway, the improved fuel consumption negates it. No worries.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock

Sheesh.

smirk2.gif

I'm not wasting electricity, but using it wisely ON A TIMER. If you look at fuel use on a non warmed engine, it is HUGE until the engine warms up. Also, engine wear takes place in a cold engine, so actually i am SAVING the planet. I only have a 2 mile ride to work, so I would rather my engine be warm to start with, and use only a tiny bit of fuel, instead of burning a lot of fuel and just barely getting the engine warm when i get there. even though it sounds like i am making up b.s., it is actually true. Plus my DD is a 1.5l Colt, 1995. I refuse to scrap it, but instead employ the services of a mechanic to keep it running in top shape, thereby saving the HUGE amount of resources needed to build a new car. I bought a timer that measures in minutes, so that during the summer, I'll only run the timer for 15 minutes prior to my estimated time for leaving for work.

Last edited:
Wait, so you are saying that WM let people return without a receipt for a store credit?

If you buy oil for rebate, and send in the receipt, and WM does not need a receipt for return, and oil does not need UPC or the cap for rebate...... Holy smoke!!!!

Just kidding, don't go around scamming rebates now, alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back