Free MP3 dowload sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across some Websites in a Google search that offer "absolutely free, no B S MP3 downloads, we have over 10,000 songs available" etc etc. Are these sites legit and I can really download from there without problems or does anyone know if they really are just a rip-off mechanism to put spyware, adware, viruses and all manner of other unwanted junk on your computer?

If anyone knows, or better yet knows of a really legit free site for MP3's, I would appreciate the info.

It's one of the following:

1. viruses/spyware, as you noted
2. MP3 downloads are free, but you have to purchase some sort of a monthly subscription
3. MP3 downloads are free, but they are of some totally unknown artists who are just trying to promote themselves.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

1. viruses/spyware, as you noted
2. MP3 downloads are free, but you have to purchase some sort of a monthly subscription
3. MP3 downloads are free, but they are of some totally unknown artists who are just trying to promote themselves.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

http://jamendo.com/ - It's a little, uh, "Euro", perhaps, but there are some good finds here and there.

It's gonna be tough sleddin' tying to find established music (ie. music you've heard of) for free, as you've got copyright and royalty issues, and expensive bandwidth.

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. I think I'll stick to Itunes and Amazon for MP3's. Never had any problem with them.

www.imeem.com is good for streaming. I have found a LOT of songs that I heard on Slacker or XM and simply recorded them from there. The audio scraping program I like to use is "Wire Tap Pro" for the Mac.

For example, the song "Feelin' Me" by Kim Sozzi is not available anywhere, so I searched for it and ran across that site. I scraped the 7 minute remix version and as easy as 1-2-3 I now have it. Love it. Create your custom playlists & such from that site.

However, their iPhone app isn't there yet with custom playlists though.

I like streaming shoutcast if you have internet its decent.. low ads and a good variety.. with hundreds of channels.

When I have to work overnights... I fire up the shoutcast player on my droid and break out the earphones.

since mp3's themselves arent free if you get free mp3's its either stealing or no-name bands promoting themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back