Free Echo

Curb picked an echo SRM-2100. Only thing keeping it from running was the primer bulb. New bulb and fired right up. Only a couple of issues with it but nothing major. Tank vent leaks. The head isn't quite right. Had to add a washer to space out the line advance mechanism so that it would let line out. The throttle cable sticks so you have to push the trigger back down by hand. I think I like it more that my Stihl FS55R. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I am slowly trading in my gas powered tools and replacing them with battery operated. I hate to say it but I like the ease of use with the battery powered tools and they do as good or better of a job than the gas models they replaced. I am replacing my mower next but It's a Honda so it may be a few years. My chainsaws are still two strokes and i probably won't replace them at all. No trees to cut around here.

Those old Kiortz Corp gray echo trimmers are awesome. I just replaced my SRM-210 bought by my father ~20 years ago with a slightly younger PAS-230 I got for free.

jhellwig

Originally Posted by sloinker
I am slowly trading in my gas powered tools and replacing them with battery operated. I hate to say it but I like the ease of use with the battery powered tools and they do as good or better of a job than the gas models they replaced. I am replacing my mower next but It's a Honda so it may be a few years. My chainsaws are still two strokes and i probably won't replace them at all. No trees to cut around here.
I have been thinking of going to battery powered on the weed eater. My wife would probably do the trimming if I did. I don't even get to mow anymore since the 8 year old started push mowing.

Good to see something being brought back to life and put to use. Sure beats seeing it go to the landfill or scrapper.