Free Case (12 quarts) of Motor Oil. Choose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Bill enjoying another pick your oil thread.
thankyou2.gif
04.gif
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: MBCLK
Where are all the conventional oil users who say, "I dont need to use a synthetic etc etc."?

They're waiting for the #1 corner to go on sale and double to 2cases (24quarts) of YB.

For the conventional users, a similar argument is you can have a roll of shiny brand new state quarters, or a roll of used quarters that were in circulation.
If they are both equally free, I'll take the shiny new quarters, but if you charged me extra, I'm going to take the used quarters.
This is not an exact parallel, but it's the main point.

For the marginal cost argument, that is how much extra they charge, some people might not mind paying $10.01 for $10 in shiny quarters, others wouldn't pay that extra .01 cent.

If cost really isn't a factor, forget changing oil, just give me a new ferrari every year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
What a stupid question/thread...

Don't like it don't post...
smirk2.gif

Show me the #2!!!! in 15w50..

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Yep, I would take the GC
Then Mobil 1 EP,
Then Penzz Plat.

Give the pennz yb to bill

LMAO
crackmeup2.gif

why is it that bill says, "you are wasting your money if you buy synthetic" or "its not worth the money to buy synthetic" etc etc.

but when u have a chance to get it for free....bill still wont take it?

To be serious for a moment, I know I know.

Reg oil has become better then past dino oils. However when a person says synthetics are not better, well that is just plain false, IMO.

Lets see, can Synthetics do all the things dino oil can do, Answer yes
Can dino oil do all the things synthetic can do. Well no.

There is a reason that BMW Mer and other high end cars use synthetics. It is common knowledge that synthetics flow better in the winter. Can handle heat more effectivly. Have less impurities in them. And I believe can prevent wear better then dino oil.. Someone tell me if I am mistaken with any of the above.

If syns are NOT better then why did they even developed it back in the day in the first place?, there is a reason why syns are here no matter how small that reason is.

i see this thread headed for lock down
27.gif
,always ends up about Bill and synthetics.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
To be serious for a moment, I know I know.

Reg oil has become better then past dino oils. However when a person says synthetics are not better, well that is just plain false, IMO.

Lets see, can Synthetics do all the things dino oil can do, Answer yes
Can dino oil do all the things synthetic can do. Well no.

There is a reason that BMW Mer and other high end cars use synthetics. It is common knowledge that synthetics flow better in the winter. Can handle heat more effectivly. Have less impurities in them. And I believe can prevent wear better then dino oil.. Someone tell me if I am mistaken with any of the above.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

I promised Bill that I would post my UOA's of Synthetic versus Dino run in my engine during the same time of year showing lower metal counts while running synthetic.

Also my engine starts and runs quietly in the frigid winters up here versus Dino where it sounds like a bag of marbles for 5-10 minutes on start up!
wink.gif

Lets get this thread back on topic eh?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
If syns are NOT better then why did they even developed it back in the day in the first place?, there is a reason why syns are here no matter how small that reason is.

27.gif
LOL.gif

it's not personal towards Bill. his argument is that "it's not worth the extra COST to buy synthetic" or "it's a waste of money". did he not say this? ok, so if u post that message here or on another thread...we can debate and dissect it. it's fair game since this is a message board. I merely removed the "cost factor" and yet he still wont choose a synthetic even when given a chance to get it for free.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MBCLK
Originally Posted By: daman

27.gif
LOL.gif

it's not personal towards Bill. his argument is that "it's not worth the extra COST to buy synthetic" or "it's a waste of money". did he not say this? ok, so if u post that message here or on another thread...we can debate it. it's fair game since this is a message board. I merely removed the "cost factor" and yet he still wont choose a synthetic even when given a chance to get it for free.

Hey i agree
21.gif
thumbsup2.gif
,was just saying is all....

RU saying your not a castrol fan period? I understand the usa syntec. But how can you group german castrol or the new edge in that?

I don't need to justify myself, it's free oil...if I was spending money, I'd have a whole bunch of questions to answer...but in this case I'll take Mobil 1 EP over all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back