free bulk oil from stealership

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought a new G5 and they gave me a OC coupon but i took the oil and filter instead...i was wondering what happens to a tank of oil that has been refilled for years, it must get mixed in with some old oil...i saw the new camaro which is a awesome car, best i have seen in years...stang and challenger are great too...walmart told me they get a delivery of pennzoil every week for their bulk oil that is stored...i asked if i could buy some if i brought in a jug and they said no...the fat cheap guy...my G5 OLM is at 90% with 1100 miles on odometer so i am looking at a honda like 10k OCI but like any true oil nut, that will never happen...maybe 3k and put in some m1 0-30

Most bulk tanks at and busy service dept will be refilled every week or 2. There wouldnt really be any significant amount of "old"
oil in the tank.

Its amazing Honda recommends 10k mile OCI with conventional, I would use synthetic for that long, no matter what Honda says.

Yeah, I would go by mileage, and not exceed 6 months/7500 miles on dino oil if the OLM still says fine. If it tells you to change sooner, great!

Originally Posted By: Crustacean
Its amazing Honda recommends 10k mile OCI with conventional, I would use synthetic for that long, no matter what Honda says.

It wouldn't make sense for anyone to trust Honda, given their history of poor quality cars with failed engines.

27.gif

Should we assume that Honda has switched tactics and is now designing cars to fail at the end of the warranty period?

Based on what?

Originally Posted By: blackdiamond

It wouldn't make sense for anyone to trust Honda, given their history of poor quality cars with failed engines.

27.gif

Should we assume that Honda has switched tactics and is now designing cars to fail at the end of the warranty period?
What ever...

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie

Based on what?
Based on the oil manufacturers own recommendations, like Mobil clean 5000 or 7500, or EP for 15k, Personally I like getting the old out around 5k miles keeps the innards cleaner, thats my opinion, yours may differ.

What? I think not....
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back