Free Amsoil SDF-10 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've got intended benefits from my Amsoil Dealer status three years ago. I stocked up on great oil and was able to pick it up myself from the warehouse, I befriended my neighbors selling them good stuff, etc. I also bought about ten SDF-10 filters to use in my car. In fact, I have not used any other filters in my car after the factory one had been changed; I'm at about 65k miles now.

Knock on wood, but my car has been really good to me so far. One of "the only" things was a loud chain tensioner rattling on the first start in the morning, and then late at night on my way back home from work.
The manufacturer, mechanics, friends and knowledgeable people at the owner's forum all consider this sound to be quite normal, although it was really getting on my nerve…

A friend of mine recently sold me CarQuest (Wix) filter with his garage discount. I was “low” on Amsoil filters at the time (only two left!), so I decided to try something different. Out of curiosity I squeezed my lips over the filter’s outlet and blew into it. It did not let the air through. The filter let the air in opposite direction quite nicely.
I then checked both Amsoil filters, and they let the air in both directions with no noticeable difference in resistance. That was a clue.

I changed my oil and filter this last weekend, and the horrible rattling sound went away for good. The chain in fact did not rattle even on the first start after the oil change (I always pre-fill the filter). That has never happened before.

Now I can’t wait to start my car every time I have to. It hasn’t rattled once since Saturday morning. I’m sooo happy, I can’t describe, and I feel sorry for my car. I’m guilty not digging the issue in time.

But from now on I’ll be blow-checking every filter I buy. There is Fram XG Synthetic filter in the pipeline (bought with huge discount) and Valvoline (Purolator) (even higher discount). Both filters are quite airtight in opposite direction, and Fram has silicone ADBV, similar to CarQuest filter currently on the car.

I blame myself only for not checking ADBV in my Amsoil filters, but you live and learn. It was really important for my car that has oil-pressure-driven chain tensioner. It is not that much important for the belt- driven valve train design, so I offer two SDF-10 filters for free. Just drop me a note and come to pick 'em up.

ADBVs in them are black nitrite BTW.

And oh, the engine produced really nice UOAs, five of them so far. So I have no doubt in SDF filter's ability to do their primary job of err... filtering the stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back