Frantz Users - New Clamp vs. Old Clamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 't bolt' is the thumb screw style, right? I have one of both. I'm too fond of the latching band clamp. I don't use my big O-ring and I still have no leaks with the screw style....pretty slick.

I'm trying to stick with Frantz till I can find some of Mr. Wood's converted MotorGuards on EBay.

Man, I miss Ralph...

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Hey Arka - long time no hear!

My BP has the older latch type lock; not familiar with the new threaded type.

Wait a minute....did you finally succumb to bypass fever? I'll have pics posted hopefully by the middle of next week on an underhood Frantz install on my Duramax. Just finished the bracket today.

It will be a very clean install.

Got the bracket made. I utilized the two unused tapped threads as seen in the picture to secure my welded bracket. The Frantz filter bracket bolts to the welded bracket. I'll have everything finished up by Monday, hopefully.

Bracket_zps2621bdbb.jpg

Originally Posted By: RoadTrain
That's nice!!! Looks like my Jeep install...Return to filler cap? Hollow bolt? Spill the beans...

Yep, return to oil pan via hollow bolt. I have my stainless braided lines routed and everything is ready. I'm just waiting on the UPS man to get here with the Frantz TP elements and the restrictor orifice.

Everything was supposed to be here tomorrow, but it's been delayed by a day, so it looks like everything will be finalized on Tuesday instead
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back