Frantz Transmission Adapter and AMS oil BMK 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 94 Mercury I have a Motorguard Installed with the frantz transmission adapter. I now have other uses for the Motorguard so I am wanting to install a BMK 21 mount and filter. My question is that with the BMK 21 do I need the resistor or not?

Not imo. As long as you're using the trans adapter, there's no reason to limit the flow through the EaBp filter. You're not force feeding it. The only reason to have the restrictor is to limit flow when discharging to a zero pressure location.

So is the resistor removable? Oh and gary I noticed under your username it says you are from PA. I have a uncle who lives in Butler PA, he told me there was a recent flood. Any how of all the reading I have done I haven't noticed you live in PA also.

Last edited:
He's on the other end of the state. I looked up Butler and saw Rt 422 (Benjamin Franklin Hwy) runs through. It originally was one block over from my house, but has bypass us for over a decade. I've traveled Rt. 422 to where I thought it ended in Hershey, PA many times ..but never knew that the road had gaps it it. It's not even a "co-mingling" of routes. It just isn't there for a 100 miles or so. Pottstown might be considered the provincial Phila urban suburb ..so to speak. We're right off the Schuylkill River ..so flooding is alien here. PA appears to be either scub shrubs on mountains ..strip mine leftovers ..or "naturally irrigated" farm land ..or rejects there of. Lots of natural beauty, but you pay for it.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: John With Beastly 302
So is the resistor removable?

On the older mounts, you simply removed a large plug. Not sure if that is the same on the newer billet heads...

I haven't seen the restrictor on anything other than the PB80a. I've got a BMK12 (Dual Guard) which has no restrictor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back