Frankenoil - Thoughts on Mixing Viscosities

Two 5 qt Jugs M1 EP 5W-30
One 5 qt Jug M1 AFE 0W-30

'14 Ford Mustang 5.0 V-8 w/ Roush Supercharger & Track Pack Oil Cooler - 9 qt

'18 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost - 6 qt

Goal - Fill both vehicles without buying more oil.

Mustang gets 4 qt EP + 5 qt AFE (It gets low miles and changes to 15W-50 Track Oil on occasion)

Truck gets 6 qt EP (It gets more miles and is under warranty).

Objections?

None whatsoever and while you did state an expectation your method obviously meets so you did address my inquiry, it really wasn't the kind and depth of the questions I was asking for but thank you for the reply.

I have a mixup of various oil....brands, weights, conventional, synthetic. Basically whatever small amounts are leftover from different oil changes on my vehicles as well as friends, neighbors and extended family. I pour them into an old Valvoline jug. That then is my lawn mower and pressure washer oil. Been doing this for years.I

Trying to remember what's all in there....

some M1 5/30, M1 0/20, SuperTech HM 5/30 conventional, SuperTech 0/20, Meijer (Warren) 10/40 conventional, Quaker State 5/30 conventional, Valvoline Maxlife 10/40....and maybe others.

The mower and pressure washer couldn't seem to care any less. Both are several years old and running fine. I do 2 oil changes a year on both. Neither uses any significant amounts between changes

Back