Frankenblend ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

So with over 115 quarts now in "the stash" contemplating using some older MS5K 5w20 up with some other oils. SR5 got
Me thinking of the PEAK 15w40 with some QSUD 0w20. Maybe I'll mix some QS DEFY 5w20 and some Chevron Supreme 10w30. What say the BITOG faithful?

I'd mix the MS5K with the Peak as both are sodium oils (unless they make exceptions for the 40/50 grades). I'd keep the QS and Chevron together as they are non-Mg, non-Na oils.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I'd mix the MS5K with the Peak as both are sodium oils (unless they make exceptions for the 40/50 grades). I'd keep the QS and Chevron together as they are non-Mg, non-Na oils.

How does one go about finding that info out?

I Would have just mixed based on the grades lol Pretty cool to find out other certain oils are more akin to others

Originally Posted By: Dumc87

I Would have just mixed based on the grades lol Pretty cool to find out other certain oils are more akin to others

Starting point is googling "pqia 20 grade coventional oils" or "synthetic 30 grade oils" and you'll get a list of all of the major oils with additive package breakdowns and other specs. If you can't find what you want there, you can always google "voa" or "uoa" for the oils you seek. Since many of those originated from Bitog, I often google "Bitog UOA for XXX."

Here's the list for the most recent HM oils tested

A long time ago, someone here had a garage full of high powered cars.

His favorite brew to run was a 50/50 mix of M1 0w20 AFE and M1 Racing 0w50. I run it every now again in my Accord, but it's the M1 Racing oil is so [censored] expensive.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Originally Posted By: Dumc87

Starting point is googling "pqia 20 grade coventional oils" or "synthetic 30 grade oils" and you'll get a list of all of the major oils with additive package breakdowns and other specs. If you can't find what you want there, you can always google "voa" or "uoa" for the oils you seek. Since many of those originated from Bitog, I often google "Bitog UOA for XXX."

Here's the list for the most recent HM oils tested

I still have a lot of reading to do!

Originally Posted By: car51
Good evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

So with over 115 quarts now in "the stash" contemplating using some older MS5K 5w20 up with some other oils. SR5 got
Me thinking of the PEAK 15w40 with some QSUD 0w20. Maybe I'll mix some QS DEFY 5w20 and some Chevron Supreme 10w30. What say the BITOG faithful?
That's mixing garbage with a good oil. I would use the defy with some QS green bottle dino only. QSUD with PP or QS dino.

A while back I topped off ?? with 10W40 Peak in the summer and that was terrible. The most I do these days is thin the Nissan Magnetec or QSUD 5w30 a tad with some 5w20 of same oil or thicken 5w20 with some 5w30 of same oil. No more than a 1/2 qt. I don't think Ill do any frankenbrew on the new Subaru - I will say after the dealer oil change the engine went from silent and smooth to VERY noisy and clattery. I never like Subaru Idemitsu and Blue frams are unknown but surely no OE Toyo Roki

Last edited:
Well, I made a blend of M1 5w30 HM SL rated with some QSUD 0w20 SN

AND a blend with some SL rated M1 HM 5w20 and some M1 0w40 SM. Both blends are 50/50%

Second blend will go in the Camry next OCI
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: car51

Second blend will go in the Camry next OCI
smile.gif

Well if they don't spontaneously combust.
Trolling.gif
hooked.gif

Good one
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

Don't mix. You end up with an unknown.
Every time you mix finished oils God kills a kitten.

Please, think of the kittens...

Apparently SF2010 is objecting to the idea of blending.
In his honor, 5 quarts of Mobil Super 5w20, and 3 quarts of M1 15-50 has been prepared.
Right meow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back