France: Battery bus fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine that going off in a car. Frig this EV business, the more I read about them and the batteries the less I like them. Where is Nader now?
It wouldn't surprise me if when more and more of these firecrackers start going up like roman candles the insurance companies stop offering home owners insurance and charge huge money for for insurance on one of these Ronsons.
My homeowners would not provide insurance if a pit bull was on the premises.

Imagine that going off in a car. Frig this EV business, the more I read about them and the batteries the less I like them. Where is Nader now?
It wouldn't surprise me if when more and more of these firecrackers start going up like roman candles the insurance companies stop offering home owners insurance and charge huge money for for insurance on one of these Ronsons.
Fires make for good headlines.

That looks like a fireworks display.
Thank goodness no one was hurt.
Gotta admit these EV fires are spectacular and from what I
hear are very hard to extinguish.

That looks like a fireworks display.
Thank goodness no one was hurt.
Gotta admit these EV fires are spectacular and from what I
hear are very hard to extinguish.
Talk to your local FD for some eye opening info on EV fires.and yes gas vehicles catch fire also.
bet the FD would prefer the gas fire.

Yep-that's exactly the kind of answer I was waiting for on here.

The EVs are coming BITOGers......

I am surprised no passengers were running off the bus.

My suspicious mind tells me this is fake.

Oh, and by the way, that Doctor Oz guy who is running for office was assassinated this morning. I saw that on the internet. That was fake too.

I am surprised no passengers were running off the bus.

My suspicious mind tells me this is fake.

Oh, and by the way, that Doctor Oz guy who is running for office was assassinated this morning. I saw that on the internet. That was fake too.
Tweet that accompanied it said the bus was empty.

Doesn't seem fake:

149 electric buses will be taken off the streets of Paris temporarily "as a precaution" after two of the vehicles caught fire, public transport operator RATP said Friday, April 29.

Following a second blaze on Friday morning, in which no one was hurt, "RATP has taken the decision to suspend use of 149 electric buses" of manufacturer Bollore's Bluebus 5SE model, the state-owned company said.

The number 71 bus that caught fire in southeast Paris early Friday released thick clouds of black smoke and a strong smell of burning plastic, according to an AFP journalist on the scene.

"The bus driver immediately evacuated all the passengers. Nobody was hurt," RATP said, while the city fire service said the blaze was put out by around 30 firefighters.

A first bus caught fire on the upscale Boulevard Saint-Germain in central Paris on April 4, destroying the vehicle but again causing no injuries.

But I appreciate your healthy scepticism, lol. Friday in the above text is three days ago, the article is dated the 29th of April, 2022.

Tweet that accompanied it said the bus was empty.

Doesn't seem fake:

But I appreciate your healthy scepticism, lol. Friday in the above text is three days ago, the article is dated the 29th of April, 2022.
I believe the bus driver was able to safely empty the bus.

Propane tanks can explode, called a BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion)
Yes, this one was spraying flames, it was quite interesting, obviously the tanks were venting and what was escaping was being ignited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back