fram's new mobile eduction truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This link to the article is pretty intersting.

It kinda tells me the desperation fram has to make everyone know their products are on par with everyone else's.
First the youtube video attempting to prove how strong the OCOD is made, how much pressure it can allegedly handle.. and now they have a truck rolling around dedicated to convince people how good their stuff is.

Too bad it isn't coming to California.. I'd love to cut open a Wix in front of them and see how they argue with it. And to put a dent in the can with my carpal tunnel'd hands.

http://www.autocarepro.com/Article/11474...ation_unit.aspx

WIX has the WIX HUMMER.They have been running that truck(not the same one necessarily) for years,and logging over 100,000 miles of "spreading the word" about WIX filters.So,FRAM is just doing the same thing.Of course each one is going to believe that there is no competition,and they are the best...no matter what they hear.

It's not only the NOPI nationals. I believe that same truck was on the Hot Rod power tour and even had a Fram orange Dodge Dart with it. The pictures of the Fram Dodge Dart actually looked really good!

I don't interpret it as desperation. Pretty much any big automotive brand has those rolling demonstration trucks. Go to any auto race and you'll see tons of them.

Fram gets so bashed by some on here. Fram filters are not bad, they make many filters and there are bad ones to be expected just like every other mass filter producer. I like the Fram Dart too...lol

They gave out free swag and coupons. stumbled upon it while running errands.

I've bought Fram products in the past with no issues. After reading a few things on here, I buy the Tough Guard or better filters (but lately have got OEM)

They are just vying for their share of customers. Pretty sure their market share is still huge, just walk into a walmart.

Last edited:
The first O'Reilly's I went to had a cool display of Fram and Wix filters cut open to demonstrate the difference. Last year with NexGen Oil specials I got a free O'Reilly's MicroGuard filter, a Fram clone. Oh, how times have changed. Using it in my car right now with no problems. An old businessman told me, "if it is free, it is for me".

I wonder what's next, FRAM re-education camps set up in the parking lots of parts stores for people caught buying other brands of filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back