Frame damage? How bad is it?

sentra368

Hello guys. Back on the forum after a few years of absence. Forgot my old username, so signed up for a new account.

I have this 1998 Nissan Pathfinder with 173,000 kms that came in contact with a concrete curb and wall on the passenger side. The damage, all on the passenger side:

(1) Bent tie rod.
(2) Busted CV axle
(3) Bent/twisted control arm.
(4) The passenger side door won't close properly.
(5) Photographed damage to frame/subframe?

I can't see any other damage on the frame, although my knowledge on vehicle frames is very limited. There are/were do leaks as a result of the accident.

Please have a look at the photos of the frame/subframe and provide some advice on the extent of the damage. Given the potential costs, is it worth fixing? For its age, the vehicle is in great condition and has been well maintained.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 125
  • A1, Driver's Side.jpg
    A1, Driver's Side.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 131
  • A2, Driver's Side.jpg
    A2, Driver's Side.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 128
  • A3, Driver's Side.jpg
    A3, Driver's Side.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 129
  • B1, Passenger Side.jpg
    B1, Passenger Side.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 126
  • B2, Passenger Side.jpg
    B2, Passenger Side.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 126
B1 b2 looks like a buckle. A tape measure will tell you a lot about the frame. It should be within 1/8th of an inch. I would find an alignment shop that pulls frames.

It's not the fender. The fender has been removed, and the door will not fully close, as you can see in the third photo, titled "8." There is a little gap at the top. You can see it in the photo.

I had seen it, but couldn't see if the fender had been pushing at the door on the bottom corner. That could still be where the bend is, the bottom hinge.

Edit i see you replaced the hinges, so you can be sure something more serious is bent.

Back