Fram XG8 15000 miles Improvised Opening Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used for two intervals on my 1999 Cherokee. No cutting tools available so I had to improvise with the pliers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed my first XG !!

Looks really good
Thanks for sharing ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
IMHO, I think it looks dirtier then the usual FRAM ULTRA oil filters posted here.
But, thanks for the C&P.
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah I think it's mostly because I let this oil stay in so long. This was I believe a run with Valvoline 0w-40 I put in around last september so it has about 7500 miles on it. Just drained last interval and left the filter on. Jeep has been sitting for a few months and no real driving other than around the block and idling; oil was quite darker than usual.

Pleat spacing a little bigger than most, didn't matter. I have one of these on the '98 XJ 4.0 in my sig, I'll post it when I change it when colder weather arrives.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I'm going to say the Valvoline 0w40 possibly did some cleaning. Any gunk in the can?

I am also wondering about any grains or sediment in the can. The bottom area of the pleats look pretty crusty but photos can be deceptive.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I'm going to say the Valvoline 0w40 possibly did some cleaning. Any gunk in the can?

I am also wondering about any grains or sediment in the can. The bottom area of the pleats look pretty crusty but photos can be deceptive.

Nothing really crusty in the pleats. A bit of really fine particulate settled in the dome end.

I doubt the Valvoline was any better at "cleaning" than the Pennzoil ultra Euro and rotella I've used previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back