Fram XG3682 off a 1996 Nissan pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter has been in use 13 months / 5k miles since I changed the oil last time. It had Valvoline 10w-30 in it and the owner had to put 2qt in it make up oil. How often he has had the oil changed in the past I do not know but if I had to guess he didn't keep track. I had to let him know it was over a year this time since I changed it last. It see's short 2 mile trips. Not many highway miles. Personally I think it would be best for him to change it twice a year with simple conventional. Since the mileage is short trips. Truck has 244k miles on it.

Originally Posted By: daman
Short trips mean condensation and fuel dilution, I would change it twice a year using the Ultra.
I agree on changing the oil more frequently; are you saying to change the filter more frequently also? Not sure, just asking as the Ultra is good for 15k.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Short trips mean condensation and fuel dilution, I would change it twice a year using the Ultra.
I agree on changing the oil more frequently; are you saying to change the filter more frequently also? Not sure, just asking as the Ultra is good for 15k.
No, I would use 1 ultra through out the 2x interval.

+1.

Status
Not open for further replies.