Fram vs micro guard vs supertech video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unusual, hard to follow video.

"Now they're made by E-core." ????????

A lot of his commentary is nowhere CLOSE to what the video is about, making it extremely difficult to follow.

Puts a fully synthetic media filter up against two entry level filters, and then tries to compare the filtering medias to each other based upon thickness and length?! Give me a break.

With all of that, I will say the Fram Ultra looks extremely disappointing. Burn holes in the media. Glue everywhere, including the inside of the center tube. Rust on the inside. That makes it very hard for me to ever want to use a Fram filter again.

Z-

Originally Posted by ZiTS
Very unusual, hard to follow video.

"Now they're made by E-core." ????????

A lot of his commentary is nowhere CLOSE to what the video is about, making it extremely difficult to follow.

Puts a fully synthetic media filter up against two entry level filters, and then tries to compare the filtering medias to each other based upon thickness and length?! Give me a break.

With all of that, I will say the Fram Ultra looks extremely disappointing. Burn holes in the media. Glue everywhere, including the inside of the center tube. Rust on the inside. That makes it very hard for me to ever want to use a Fram filter again.

Z-

The burn holes are probably from him shooting sparks into the canister trying to cut it open. How did he cut the media and standpipe? My guess probably using the same side grinder. Like you said, the video is hard to follow. It wouldn't surprise me if he sabatoged the Fram so he could exploit people's biases against Fram for more views and likes.

Last edited:
Guy sounds like a hillbilly! Is he related to Jeff foxworthy?
lol.gif

"The burn holes are probably from him shooting sparks into the canister trying to cut it open."

Good point. And for the sake of Fram, I hope you're right.

If this is in fact what happened, he either didn't catch it and point out in the video, or he simply lied about it. Either way, this video gets less and less credible.

Z-

Last edited:
Sheesh! That video is a hot, rambling mess, and full of misinformation and misleading conclusions. I gave it a thumbs-down. Thinking about commenting on it, but reading through the comments already there, I suspect it won't make a lick of difference.

To put it bluntly, the YouTube guy is an idiot and I wouldn't doubt he sabotaged the Fram. How many Ultras have been cut and posted here that have what looks like black paint or ink pourded down the center tube? And yes his grindsr caused the burn spots in the media - you can see the smoke as he's cutting the filter open. If he didn't realize that then it supports the idiot statement.

He keeps talking about lawsuits, but he should be careful because Fram might be able to sue him over spewing false information.

I am not even giving that vid a view, no need to get the count higher.

So the video title reads that the Fram caused engine damage, was there any proof of that?
Sounds like some bumpkin just cutting a filter open incorrectly and jumping to conclusions from the comments here.

People really shouldn't read too much into this video. It was made to get views, to make money. There have been videos like this being made since YouTube was invented. If he wanted to make any kind of factual statement he would have taken time to do things in a more scientific way, but here we are.

Really topic yt should be in the humor sub-forum. In addition to being clueless, guy's all over the place. I was surprised to see the potting/glue on the Ultra, never seen that before. If it was doctored, seems like a lot of extra effort but who knows. And can't equally compare synthetic depth media to cellulose/blend surface area media. Nitrile adbv better than silicone? He's on to something the manufacturers aren't.
whistle.gif

Laughable is about the best word for it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back