fram ultra????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tryed a new filter today. Walmart was out of bocsh distance plus. Is the fram ultra any good. Have not read anything on it yet. I assume its as good as the extended guard...... I hope! Anyone know about it yet?

Yes it appears FRAM is transitioning the "Xtended Guard" name over to the FRAM ULTRA. Look on the FRAM website for more info. The filter media is synthetic and the construction is very good. It is a great filter.

seen a few cut open here... inside construction is pure beef
thumbsup2.gif

The ULTRA is the best filter FRAM makes. It's also the only one that most "non-FRAM fans" will use.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The ULTRA is the best filter FRAM makes. It's also the only one that most "non-FRAM fans" will use.

And it's even better than the Extended Guard.

Not a FRAM fan but I do like the Ultra filters. Very stout and durable. I plan on using them for 10-12K.

I'm currently experimenting with a first ever re-use of a oil filter using the Ultra. Using the old Camry to test. Toyota's VVT-i system is sensitive to dry starts and changes in oil pressure so if there is an issue I will hear it. First OCI was 7200. 1 min removal, drain, put back. Currently 3k into the second OCI. Total miles on filter will be approx 14,500.

Likely will buy my first Ultra before year's end. Bought a Fram Extra Guard Air Filter this week at local Magic Mart (low prices on Fram AF's), which are my AF's of choice. MM had some rebate forms for $6 back when combined with the purchase of a Fram Ultra. Rebate says Extended Guard but feeling confident Ultra will work since they have superseded the XG.

Fwiw, this will be my first Fram oil filter purchase since finding and reading the Mini Mopar filter dissection/study in early 2000's. For those considering a similar Fram air filter and Ultra oil filter purchase link below is to rebate form, good till 12/31/12.

Fram Oil Filter Rebate Form till 12/31/12

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Agree^^

It sure seems that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back