Fram Ultra XG4967 - Approx. 6k miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken off of my girlfriend's '01 Celica GT with the 1ZZFE 1.8L engine. The filter was in service for approximately 6k miles put on in 8 months. It was still very full of oil when taken off. ADBV was pliable and I saw no tears or issues. Not my finest pictures... I was trying to hurry before the rain started, which it did just as I started putting things away.
smile.gif

I have experience with the same engine/filter combo. Those 1ZZ engines sure seem to darken/carbon the oil fast. I always thought it was because mine is one of the engines that had too few oil return holes in the pistons, and are harder on the oil as a result.

Thanks for the C and P

Thanks for the C&P, if you get a chance wrap the media in peer towels and let it dry a week or so.

For those unfamiliar with this filter it is minuscule...

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Will the longer XG4386 fit?
smile.gif

I use the XG4386 in place of the XG4967 recommended for the 1ZZFE.......never had an issue.

500 miles with belgian castrol in my 2azfe made the oil black. Took about 1000 miles for my previous fill of Quaker State hm to get dark. Maybe something's getting cleaned out? I plan on running it for 5k.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
Why use a filter rated for 20k miles for only 6k? The world may never know...

Because you live if a free country and you don't have to take direction you don't feel comfortable with.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Because you live if a free country and you don't have to take direction you don't feel comfortable with.

Now that's the herp derp response I was expecting

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Now that's the herp derp response I was expecting

Now now, just because you don't live in a "free state" is no reason to attempt to shame someone you disagree with. Seriously, it's no big deal.

I planned to re-use the filter but I couldn't remember 100% for sure if I had changed it the last time or not. I don't believe I did. I'll re-use the one I just put on it. I re-use the Ultra in my Accord and it holds up just fine after 12k miles (I'll post pics in a few mins).

The 1ZZ-FE in her Celica is prone to burning oil, but hers only seems to consume about a half quart in 6k miles. The previous owner took great care of it and always had it changed every 2-3k at the dealer, which I'm sure helped to prevent any sludge or varnish.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting! It looks good
thumbsup2.gif

Will the longer XG4386 fit?
smile.gif

Yep, I believe so. I still have some from my friend's Camry that I may use on it someday.

The ones I have are rated for 15k.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
500 miles with belgian castrol in my 2azfe made the oil black. Took about 1000 miles for my previous fill of Quaker State hm to get dark. Maybe something's getting cleaned out? I plan on running it for 5k.

I'm surprised by that. I had an '08 Scion tC with an oil burning 2AZ-FE and the oil didn't really get too dark if I remember right. I did 5k OCIs with that car.

Buy a bound notebook in the 3" x 5" size range. They fit in the glovebox very well and you can write the maintenance items in the book. The batteries don't die and the book does not forget. You have a record when you get ready to sell. If it works for me, I bet it will work for you.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back