Fram Ultra XG10575 coyote 10k / 200 hours

C6D2EB17-7E7F-4610-9523-B1F5E49B263D.jpeg
D2C2C5EC-72FF-4B40-97A7-DA3C51D27841.jpeg
31FB4935-6049-4806-92B0-4FE1833FFFD6.jpeg
A3D6F966-BBFF-4F1C-BD96-0FEEFE3F8796.jpeg
A23AE3F4-9C8B-4EF6-A8AF-11E923CEB3F2.jpeg
E69E8020-B377-46E7-8335-433158C119B6.jpeg

Here is a new style Fram Ultra for a coyote. 10k kms on it and 200 hours. 5w30 PUP was used. Seems like it held up well. As with my last few cuts of these filters the media does get wavy. But it is strong and holds up. A new ultra went back on.

The pleat waviness on the new non-wire backed Ultras is looking to be pretty common now. The date code on that Ultra is back on the 147th day of 2021 ... must have been a pretty early on non-wire backed version.

Guess it was OK, but it’s not a 20,000 mile filter any more. The original was, I did run one that far-it didn’t look like that one at all!
I agree I'd never do 20k run on it regardless, but after seeing that, no way.. I have one wire back and one new model coming up I plan to cut from an ls1 and a 5.3 engine hopefully.

Thx for the cut!
Ps op: what kind of oil pressure do you see after full warm up?

I agree I'd never do 20k run on it regardless, but after seeing that, no way.. I have one wire back and one new model coming up I plan to cut from an ls1 and a 5.3 engine hopefully.

Thx for the cut!
Ps op: what kind of oil pressure do you see after full warm up?
20-25 psi on my personal truck. But I run 0w40 in it. On this one which is a family members truck I haven’t monitored it yet to see what it runs. It’s bone stock. Mine isn’t.

20-25 psi on my personal truck. But I run 0w40 in it. On this one which is a family members truck I haven’t monitored it yet to see what it runs. It’s bone stock. Mine isn’t.
Thanks for the reply. Ours are usually 25+ psi (ls engines) so I wonder if its as wavy as the one you've posted, that's not ideal but since it didn't rip its acceptable, I guess.. but its a top tier filter sucks to see waves imo

They need to run the guts inside a clear plastic body ( like those guys who made the plastic oilpan) in order to see exactly how those pleats look under pressure. Mind you , the 10575 is longer than the 10060 so probably more seceptable to the waviness.

Oh no slightly wavy pleats!

scream_CU.gif

I agree with you to a point...

However here's the problem....

OG Fram Ultra filters were perfect and had perfectly straight pleats due to having better thicker filter media and wire backed... Vs the new ones that look like TG or EG filters. Yet you are paying the same high end money for a cheapened product that looks cheap O when they are cut open now.

OG for the win vs these new ones.

I agree with you to a point...

However here's the problem....

OG Fram Ultra filters were perfect and had perfectly straight pleats due to be better filter media and wire backed... Vs the new ones that look like TG or EG filters. Yet you are paying the same high end money for a cheapened product that looks cheap O when they are cut open now.
The last Ultra I cut open wasn't much better. Sure the pleats weren't wavy but there was less media and terrible pleat spacing...

Looks are just looks. If it didn't tear or otherwise fail in service, IMO it's not worth mentioning.

Everyone also keeps mentioning cheapened, and maybe they are cheaper to produce. According to Fram though, they're also more efficient while being rated for the same FCI.

So they ditched the metal... But made a superior filter. Unless you cut them open? 🤷

They OG filters were more efficient....

That's a fact... Andrews testing proved the OG was 99 .6 percent at 15 microns...

New hoopty Doo ones are 74 percent at 10... Still very good. No doubt. But not as good as the real ones were.

Again.... Why pay premium money for something that is clearly not ???

This is a TG... Not that it's bad by itself....

It's not

But it is not worth that higher price point...

It cheapened and that obvious at this point...

Even short filter looked drabby.

And I'm sorry but the old ones were more efficient and held up way way better. That's obvious too.

Heck man... Your Carquest blue premium filter looked better than this filter. . .

I think those CQ blue premium filters are getting Wix filter media put in some of them at times.

They're made in Fayetteville at the old Purolator plant. Which is why I buy them

Yeah I think that cool man. I get it.

I am probably gonna get the Carquest blue premium filter for my 06 Acura. The ones you have cut open here lately have looked darn good man.

I run Cam2 and Super S motor oil in my car because Afton chemical supplies their additive package and Afton is from here in Virginia.

Heck they do testing for Afton just north of Richmond in Ashland.

Accountants as usual, ruining end products due to bottom line gains.

I worked in the auditing, residential and commercial real estate industries and let me tell you, the things that are done to increase the bottom line are laughable and atrocious.

Sure there is pressure to give investors dividends but sometimes, even before the cuts that’s doable. In the end it’s just greed.

Anywho, wavy pleats are not something to stress about the filter does its job but I would have felt comfy if I had syn media and a wire to back me up. Peace of mind has no price I suppose. Thanks for cutting and posting.

They need to run the guts inside a clear plastic body ( like those guys who made the plastic oilpan) in order to see exactly how those pleats look under pressure. Mind you , the 10575 is longer than the 10060 so probably more seceptable to the waviness.
The 10575 has double the bypass pressure, that’s contributing to the waviness too.

Back