Fram Ultra - Subaru Forester 9k miles, 10months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently did an OC on my 2010 Subaru Forester. The Fram Ultra XG 6607 had been on there 9k miles and 10 months. It is never short tripped and does a combination of 50:50 city/highway 50 miles per day. The oil used was 5w-30 Mobil 1 + half a bottle of LM MoS2.

The filter had no issues and looked great. The silicon anti drain back valve was extremely soft and pliable.

acphcl.jpg

2j0xtl5.jpg

kej77t.jpg

35n81zd.jpg

Looks really good! It's nice to see Fram finally offering a quality filter after so many years of pis poor products. I just picked up a few Fram Ultra XG10575 (AC Delco PF63 equivalent) filters for the added filtering media. I have an Amsoil filter on my car now and will run the Fram Ultra on my next scheduled OCI. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm beginning to believe that on these smaller filter applications, a premium filter is imperative for medium to long OCI's.

Structurally, these little guys are almost impossible to fail.

Nice. The whole series of the 6607 are good.

Also, If you wanted a bigger filter and you have the clearance, the 7317 is basically just a longer version of the 6607, just a FYI.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
Nice. The whole series of the 6607 are good.

Also, If you wanted a bigger filter and you have the clearance, the 7317 is basically just a longer version of the 6607, just a FYI.

Thanks. I may try that out. There is definitely room to go longer on the Forester.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
I think that is the smallest/shortest filter I have ever seen

I thought size doesn't matter??
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: toneydoc
I think that is the smallest/shortest filter I have ever seen

I thought size doesn't matter??
grin.gif

Size DOES matter...

that thing is tiny...

I have the XG3593A on my Impreza. It's the widest of the three XG filters that will fit on M20x1.5 Subaru and has more capacity than the 7317 and 6607.

What's the largest filter that will physically fit on a GM LSA? Factory filter is the AC Delco PF48 and I know that the AC Delco PF63 filter with work just fine with no clearance issues. AC Delco and GM lube Engineers states that the PF63 is fine to use in any application that calls for a PF48 filter.

Is there an even longer AC Delco filter I can safely run that will physically fit without the filter hanging down past the oil pan. There seems to be plenty of room to run a 5" to 6" filter without any clearance issues.

My 2014 CTS-V calls for a Fram Ultra XG 10060 filter (AC Delco PF48 equivalent), but I picked up some Fram Ultra XG 10575 (AC Delco PF63 equivalent.) I was wondering what is the largest Fram Ultra filter I can run that will physically fit and safely run without the filter hanging down past the oil pan. The XG 10575 while being bigger than the XG 10060 still seems smaller than the AC Delco PF63 filter. Anyone know any info?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back