Fram Ultra Oil Filters : Best Place To Buy ?

The 9688 was made as a Hyundai specific filter due to some issues back in the mid 2000's.
Part of it was the burst pressure is a little higher on the 9688, and there were issues with knocking that Hyundai blamed on the then recommended 7317/6607 filters.
The 3593a was initially a Honda specific filter that was redesigned at some point (hence the "a" at the end of the part number), but no idea what the redesign was.

I interchange the 9688 and 3593a on Hyundai/Kia vehicles (and on Honda motorcycles where they fit) with no concerns.
I think the new Champ made Supertech filters did away with the 3593a size and just say to use the 9688.

I've noticed lately my Fram XG #9688 are hard to find locally (WM) and growing tougher to find on line as well ... Where do you buy Fram Ultra's if you are buying say 4 or more at a good price ?
Lowes has them, and they are on sale for $3.98 this month. The XG 9688 is normally $5.68 at Lowes. Just bought one this morning at an Augusta GA area Lowes.

Lowes has them, and they are on sale for $3.98 this month. The XG 9688 is normally $5.68 at Lowes. Just bought one this morning at an Augusta GA area Lowes.
I only see Fram's PH oil filters on the Lowe's website, not their XG filters

I only see Fram's PH oil filters on the Lowe's website, not their XG filters
Oops, I meant the Extra Guard that is part no. PH9688. The vast majority of the Fram PH series filters are usually priced at $3.98, at least at my local Lowes. A couple are higher (normally $5.98) including the PH9688, and the PH12060 for example

The PH9688 for $3.98 @ Lowes is not a bad deal.
Normal price is $5.79 at Walmart.

If not for me liking the ST9688 so much, I might grab a few of those from Lowes (probably not though, I rarely go to Lowes, and I would probably just use a 3593a or 7317 from Walmart, they are $3.88 there)

The PH9688 for $3.98 @ Lowes is not a bad deal.
Normal price is $5.79 at Walmart.
I kinda think Lowes is price-matching Walmart with these filters but didn't check each p/n. All PHs at WM are around $3.98 as I recall, just that 9688 is the outlier with the higher price (as discussed already).

ya, most of the higher priced extra guards are on sale at lowes and amazon, home depot is slightly higher but they PM. I'm running OEM for the next 5 OCIs, however when i pulled the ST9688 after 6 months the nitrile ADBV held alot of oil. Same was the case with nitrile ADBV ACDelco I've pulled after 6-7k. But then again I'm in a warm climate. I'm begining to think silicone is only really necessary >10k or 1yr.

eBay has great prices on them. Sometimes $5-6 a filter shipped for a pack of 6. No experience with it, but many people here have had great luck with them. Not counterfeit and still sealed in box.

Back