FRAM ULTRA NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we received a bunch of ultra filters. These will replace the bosch D+ filters as far as i know. I looked at the manifest and the prices ranged from 9.99-12.99 for the canister and 10.99-15.99 for the cartridge filters. And those cartridge filters look really well made. Just letting you guys know.

A bit off topic?

But for Kevguy:
greatnews.jpg

Gonna miss the D+, My local brand new AAP stocks them.
This better not be a regional thing.

Why are the cartridge filters more than the metal cans?? I mean, no can must be less cost in some way.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Why are the cartridge filters more than the metal cans?? I mean, no can must be less cost in some way.

I don't think manufacturing cost and retail price have anything to do with each other. Motorcraft 500s and 820s are of similar/exact construction. 820 is a good bit larger. 820s is $3.99 while 500s is $5.99.

Last edited:
The cartridge/canister cost difference it is likely about volume. Plus they have to worry more about quality since you see the filter build quality and take back if its looks bad.

My AAP locations online have XG filters but say call store. I hope this changes to in stock so I can apply a 40% off discount code.

Last edited:
I have to say, with all the Fram bashing around here one thing is for sure; their customer service is outstanding.

I have been dealing with them lately on a few things, and their tech support, and help is the best I have experienced yet. I have never used a Fram filter before, but I will be giving the Ultra a try for sure. Customer Service is always a big selling point for me along with product support. They seem to have one good thing going for them!

First post! I work at AAP and have been looking at the XG3593a for both my Scoobies. The advice on here and just the initial visuals makes me want to give it a try. This is from going full monty Mobil 1 and going to Motul 8100 5w30 thanks to responses on the oil as well.

Originally Posted By: Nitrofan1
First post! I work at AAP and have been looking at the XG3593a for both my Scoobies. The advice on here and just the initial visuals makes me want to give it a try. This is from going full monty Mobil 1 and going to Motul 8100 5w30 thanks to responses on the oil as well.

welcome2.gif

I was checking out the P14612 today at walmart and saw the corresponding Fram Ultra filter XG6607 - looked maybe 1/3" shorter.

I passed, this was for a 2013 Infiniti G37 with the 3.7 and the filter is already tiny as it is.

Originally Posted By: DirtyApe
I was checking out the P14612 today at walmart and saw the corresponding Fram Ultra filter XG6607 - looked maybe 1/3" shorter.

I passed, this was for a 2013 Infiniti G37 with the 3.7 and the filter is already tiny as it is.

Use the longer Purolator 14610 or FRAM XG7317 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back