FRAM Toughguards on clearance @ RockAuto

Was using XG filters for some time, But I noticed TG's are more for me since I do 4000-5000 mile full syn OCI's and prefer to change the filter after 2 OCI's just for piece of mind. The 99% filtration was the "Cherry on top"

Scored 6 TG3675's for my GMT800's @ $3.66 each+tax-5% RA discount code. The shipping was blended in with other parts in my cart

Dave

Description:

Designed for premium conventional and synthetic oil.

• Proven protection for up to 10,000 miles Box says 15,000 miles ??????
  • Engineered for use with premium conventional and semi-synthetic oil
  • Silicone anti-drain back valve holds a reserve of oil in the filter to help protect the engine during start-ups
  • 99% dirt-trapping efficiency
  • Sure Grip anti-slip texture makes changing FRAM oil filters quick and easy

• Engineered with a new stronger, more durable media to provide an outstanding 99% dirt trapping efficiency.
  • Tough Guard adds microscopic synthetic fibers, creating small windows that trap the microscopic dirt particles without affecting the flow of oil.
  • Blending synthetic fibers with cellulose increases a filter’s dirt-trapping efficiency and its dirt-holding capacity for higher levels of engine protection and longer filter life.
  • Tough Guard is the perfect filter for drivers who push their vehicles in stop-and-go traffic, towing and extreme weather conditions.
  • It has an internally lubricated sealing gasket for easier filter removal.
  • Start-up engine protection is delivered through silicone anti-drainback valve with up to 3X the hot oil resistance.
  • It has precision coil spring with a glass fiber reinforced nylon poppet relief valve.
  • SureGrip no-slip finish provides a nonslip surface for easier installation and removal.

1601775580077.jpg

Reactions: JC1

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
Looks like only the TG3675, TG43, TG8081 and TG12060 are available on their site (LINK)

edit: seems there are others available, but not showing up through their search. The TG2 is available, but for regular price ($6.46).

FYI Mr. 540ratblog gave the ToughGuard a D rating.

He gave the FL-820 an A rating LOL
No idea who/what Mr.540ratblog is. And with this advice, don't care to know either.

The Fram hate is still very strong online. Not going to change their minds either.

Last edited:
Looks like only the TG3675, TG43, TG8081 and TG12060 are available on their site (LINK)

edit: seems there are others available, but not showing up through their search. The TG2 is available, but for regular price ($6.46).

TG3387A is on closeout also. Strange why they don't come up in search.

No bargain if you ask me-- just looking at the list for one of my vehicles, I see a couple others I'd rather have than a TG for < $4. But if I were shopping closeout parts and had other parts in the cart from the same warehouse, I'd probably add a couple. At $4 you can do a whole lot worse, they're actually decent filters if you can get past the "cardboard" end caps. Personally, the end caps don't bother me.