Fram Tough Guard vs Purolator PureOne air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty loyal to Purolator and have been using them for awhile,but, when I put a blue P1 on a 3.5L Intrepid back around 2010-2011 it sure did bog down the midrange power when I would get into it a lil. Previous filter was an old dirty fram, I think it was since it was plain paper with an orange gasket.

Another update, I just checked the TGA7351's at WM and they're white media with no oil on them! They do say TGA7351 Made in USA though.

I've seen other weirdness at Walmart.com vs. Walmart shelf price since then as well.

One example : I can order a Fram Ultra XG10575 at Walmart.com for in-store pickup the same day for $8.71 (meaning it's on the shelf in the store available for a Walmart employee to pull it off the shelf to satify a Walmart.com order for me to pick up). But if I take one off the shelf myself and take it to an in-store price check station or cash register my price is $9.39. Walmart.com savings is $0.68, or 7.8% savings to have someone at Walmart pull it off the shelf for me.

A Motorcraft FL820S is $2.77 using Walmart.com for in-store pickup vs. a significantly higher in-store shelf purchase price (around $4 when I looked today, I didn't write the number down). Savings around $1.25 or 33% neighborhood. It's cheaper to buy a FL820S on Walmart.com than a Purolator L24651 ($3.27), $0.50 (15%) savings to get a Walmart employee to get the FL820S off the shelf for you instead of a L24651 Purolator Classic!

The Motorcraft FL500S is similar - only $4.49 if you buy on Walmart.com for a Walmart employee to pull it off the shelf for you for in-store pickup. In store shelf purchase price was over $6 IIRC when I looked today.

Crazy stuff - so it pays to check using Walmart.com rather than pulling it off the shelf yourself on numerous items of interest to BITOGers.

Usually not many people inline at online-pickup counter and it's near front door, instead of automotive section at the far end of the store so you save time too.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
I've seen other weirdness at Walmart.com vs. Walmart shelf price since then as well.

One example : I can order a Fram Ultra XG10575 at Walmart.com for in-store pickup the same day for $8.71 (meaning it's on the shelf in the store available for a Walmart employee to pull it off the shelf to satify a Walmart.com order for me to pick up). But if I take one off the shelf myself and take it to an in-store price check station or cash register my price is $9.39. Walmart.com savings is $0.68, or 7.8% savings to have someone at Walmart pull it off the shelf for me.

A Motorcraft FL820S is $2.77 using Walmart.com for in-store pickup vs. a significantly higher in-store shelf purchase price (around $4 when I looked today, I didn't write the number down). Savings around $1.25 or 33% neighborhood. It's cheaper to buy a FL820S on Walmart.com than a Purolator L24651 ($3.27), $0.50 (15%) savings to get a Walmart employee to get the FL820S off the shelf for you instead of a L24651 Purolator Classic!

The Motorcraft FL500S is similar - only $4.49 if you buy on Walmart.com for a Walmart employee to pull it off the shelf for you for in-store pickup. In store shelf purchase price was over $6 IIRC when I looked today.

Crazy stuff - so it pays to check using Walmart.com rather than pulling it off the shelf yourself on numerous items of interest to BITOGers.

That's interesting, and I'm seeing similar online prices.

The other day, Walmart had free shipping for any size order (instead of $50). I think they're pushing online sales before the end of the year - I have looked online for filters before and they were more expensive previously.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Another update, I just checked the TGA7351's at WM and they're white media with no oil on them! They do say TGA7351 Made in USA though.

I decided to get the PA24690

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back