Fram Titanium still old fram ultra oil filter

Hello everyone I have buy fram fs7317 is still wireback oil filter still it original fram ultra synthetic xg7317. ( micro glass synthetic filter media.)

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

From what little I have looked into it, the Titanium from Auto Zone is still the "old" style metal mesh backed 2 layer synthetic media like the Ultra was, but for how long, we don't know.

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

From what little I have looked into it, the Titanium from Auto Zone is still the "old" style metal mesh backed 2 layer synthetic media like the Ultra was, but for how long, we don't know.
Asking if Fram titanium is old fram ultra oil filter media ( micro glass or new oil filter media ) .

I look filter and box carefully do not find date code on box or filter

it's on the side of the filter, the letter A followed by 5 digits. Near the thread end, to the left of where it says "Fram Titanium"

FS7317_Front.jpg

According to Fram's website, they still show the Titanium as wire backed synthetic media. The Ultra is no longer shown as wire backed, so it could be that the Titaniums are still like the OG Ultra. Only one way to know for sure it to look at the Titaniums with your eyes and look for the wire backed screen through the holes in the center tube.

This is what Fram's website shows right now.

1656616099693.png

1656616116591.png

According to Fram's website, they still show the Titanium as wire backed synthetic media. The Ultra is no longer shown as wire backed, so it could be that the Titaniums are still like the OG Ultra. Only one way to know for sure it to look at the Titaniums with your eyes and look for the wire backed screen through the holes in the center tube.

This is what Fram's website shows right now.

View attachment 105962

View attachment 105963
It wireback it just I not sure if micro glass ( full synthetic old style filter media or new because on box it synthetic blend media?)

It wireback it just I not sure if micro glass ( full synthetic old style filter media or new because on box it synthetic blend media?)
Says it's synthetic blend on Fram's website. Nothing wrong with that IMO. It's still rated at 99+% @ 20u.

It's the closest thing to the OG Ultra ... I'd go for it.

1656621664336.png

Everyone used to say how the OG Ultras were good for multiple OCIs...so if you're paying $15 for a Titanium, you just need to use it for 2, maybe 3 OCIs to get your money out of it.

Also, something I find exceedingly hilarious is how Trico says, to paraphrase, "We improved the ultra by changing the media and removing the wire backing. It's even better now!"

To which we, as a collective, reply "If it was inferior and in need of improvement, why does the Titanium utilize the same construction and media setup for twice the price?"

That's some funky verbiage, because it LOOKS like the OG Ultra media, but that was never referred to as a blend AFAIK, it was just multi-layer.
That why I am confused because say synthetic 2020 titanium used say synthetic blend and I believe ultra synthetic blend media come out 2021.

That why I am confused because say synthetic 2020 titanium used say synthetic blend and I believe ultra synthetic blend media come out 2021.
Yeah, the wire backed media was never a blend, it was a multi-layered synthetic media. When they changed it to the synthetic blend media, like what's in the Tough Guard, they removed the wire backing because it wasn't necessary.

Of course, I'm not surprised to see the verbiage getting bungled, based on some of our past communication with them.

That's some funky verbiage, because it LOOKS like the OG Ultra media, but that was never referred to as a blend AFAIK, it was just multi-layer.
I just looked for an old Fram website snap-shot I might have had to verify what the Ultra media verbiage use to say on their website, but couldn't find it.

Back