Fram TITANIUM FS9688 - 8000 miles on Hyundai GDI

I own a few Hyundai's: 09 Elantra Beta II, 07 Tucson Beta II and 19 Kona 2.0 Nu Atkinson. I abandoned the OEM 35504/35505 and went to Fram Ultra, but not the 9688. I switched to the FPS3593A Pro Syn Series. Absolutely no issues and across all three vehicles the engines were considerably quieter on cold start up with the Ultra over the OEM. There are considerably better oil filters available instead of Hyundai OEM, and the Fram Ultra exceeds Hyundai in every way IMO. If you want even more "high-flow" piece of mind nonsense, then switch to K&N GOLD or Champion Syn media black cans (COS3593A) which are identical clones of one another. Anyway, long rant over about the Hyundai OEM filter people or those saying "use only this filter size ..."

To the OP, if you are looking to cut down on cost and want price of mind by changing the filter more regularly, rockauto still have a bunch of FPS3593A on closeout for ~$2.50USD each. Use with confidence, never heard any issues with the 3593A across all Hyundai's since the redesign around 2010.

Yes I used one bottle of Royal Purple Max Atomizer fuel injector cleaner about 2500 miles ago which immediately caused a P0326 check engine light to turn off.

Interesting, on my most recent C&P I had the black residue similar to yours. This was the first I have had this from the Mazda and had theorized that perhaps it had to do with the Techron and Berryman I ran during the OCI.

I wonder if there is something to that 🧐

Interesting, on my most recent C&P I had the black residue similar to yours. This was the first I have had this from the Mazda and had theorized that perhaps it had to do with the Techron and Berryman I ran during the OCI.

I wonder if there is something to that 🧐

I can't say for sure, this type of gunk was present in the previous Ultra oil filter I used just not clumped together as much as in the subject Titanium filter.

FWIW, the Royal Purple Max Atomizer fuel injector cleaner I used worked remarkably well and produced the best results of any fuel additive I have ever used. I have used Royal Purple's Max Clean in a Mercedes diesel engine with good results as well. It has become my choice brand for fuel additives.

You can get the OEM filters in the $4-$5 range on fleabay, that's how I used to get mine, same filter for 3 consecutive Korean vehicles that I owned.

I may have a couple floating around the garage still, OP you are welcome to them, you pay shipping. My wife would be thrilled I actually got rid of something in the garage.

You can get the OEM filters in the $4-$5 range on fleabay, that's how I used to get mine, same filter for 3 consecutive Korean vehicles that I owned.

I may have a couple floating around the garage still, OP you are welcome to them, you pay shipping. My wife would be thrilled I actually got rid of something in the garage.

I do appreciate your offer but I am thinking about going with the 3593A series like was previously suggested, I can get the Extra Guard PH3593A for $4 at my local Meijer or Walmart. The Orange Can of Delight seems to have been able to produce good results on a newer version of the Hyundai GDI engine in my car.

Have you owned the vehicle since new? If so what was the maintenance intervals.

Only made for and sold at Advance Auto stores. Basically, the same as the Fram Ultra with some "tweeks".

I see, imma just use ultra if i want too, since i like get everything all together at walmart. mobil 1 or ultra or extra guard is my most to go oil filter. lately its just extra guard for everything, 5k or 6 month . thanks

Back