Fram TG3600 Cut-11.9k 6/29/15-2/26/16 06 F150 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vehicle- 2006 F150 LWB 4.2L V6 with 298,466 miles.

This is a follow up cut and post from last years, filter used was the TG3600. Total miles on filter adds up to 11,926 and was in service from 6/29/15 to today (2/26). Nothing has changed on the vehicle since the last oil change.

Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 was used on the interval, had to add 1.5 quarts over the span of the 11.9k. At the price of $5.24 at Walmart this is an outstanding filter in my opinion and I have put the same filter back on the truck with a fill of 5w-20 Valvoline Max Life.

Last years cut and post.

And here are pictures from today's findings below. Enjoy.

I have this same filter on the Fusion right now (oversized for this application). I planned on running it to around 10k... looks like that won't be an issue
smile.gif
Thanks for the C&P.

The TG series has become my go to 10K service filter. You can't beat it for the price.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Are they even rated for 12k?

They say 10K on the box but several people have cut them open well beyond 10K and they still look good. Someone cut one open with almost 20K on it and it looked fine.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
The TG series has become my go to 10K service filter. You can't beat it for the price.

I agree 100%

Fram makes great filters, yet I still hear people claiming they're junk. I've cut open several from the orange can all the way to the ultra and they all have looked great.

Nice! One of my favorites. Ran one to about 10.5k also looked great.

More to longevity than just construction though. Capacity is part of the equation, although probably a minor concern in a known clean engine.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
DirtyMoe21,

I am curious. What OCI are you adhering to? Do you just change when you feel like it....truck running poorly, elapsed time, mileage, computer, oil burned?

10-12k miles, this is a company truck we bought brand new. It sees 90% of it's miles on the highway. We ran it 5-7500k with dino in the past. The engine runs fantastic with no noises and the only real issue it has is a rear main seal leak.

Originally Posted By: DirtyMoe21

This is a follow up cut and post from last years, filter used was the TG3600. Total miles on filter adds up to 11,926 and was in service from 6/29/15 to today (2/26). Nothing has changed on the vehicle since the last oil change.

Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 was used on the interval, had to add 1.5 quarts over the span of the 11.9k. At the price of $5.24 at Walmart this is an outstanding filter in my opinion and I have put the same filter back on the truck with a fill of 5w-20 Valvoline Max Life.

Last years cut and post.

DM21, I don't mean to hijack your post, but, I own a 2007 F150 XL, SWB, 4.2 V6, 130K miles. I see you have racked up some miles on your truck!
Can you tell me, please, if you have done anything major to your truck or drive train of said truck? Also, is it an auto trans.?
Being my truck is almost identical to yours it's good to know if there are any Gremlins I can look forward to in the future. Any information you can provide is very much appreciated.

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: DirtyMoe21

Last years cut and post.

DM21, I don't mean to hijack your post, but, I own a 2007 F150 XL, SWB, 4.2 V6, 130K miles. I see you have racked up some miles on your truck!
Can you tell me, please, if you have done anything major to your truck or drive train of said truck? Also, is it an auto trans.?
Being my truck is almost identical to yours it's good to know if there are any Gremlins I can look forward to in the future. Any information you can provide is very much appreciated.

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

No problem at all, the truck has been used hard but not abused. The transmission was rebuilt at the 230-250k mark if I remember. It is an automatic. The alternator was replaced shortly after that. Wheel bearings have been replaced twice in the front and it has a small oil leak. Air still blows cold and the radio still works
grin.gif

And when I say used hard, it has hauled lots of heavy loads. When I was driving it a couple times when I went to pick up material it was resting on the bump stops after they got me loaded. All of us were surprised how long the transmission actually lasted. Because every 1/2 ton we had before it had a manual transmission. The one before it was 1999 4.2L that went a tick over 300k when it was sold still running well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back