Fram TG - unusual indent

Run it? Nope! - especially with the polymer bypass valve sitting in a leaf style spring.

It Looks like it was the second to bottom row on the case and the case was dropped.
Or it was on the top row and the case was dropped (or thrown in to the semi-trailer) upside down.
Now I cant recall if those filters are base end down in the box or not! Whatever.
It could work fine - but I would not risk a 5K engine for a 5 dollar part "Bet".

But I think BlueOval has some 'splainin' to do,
but he is a risk takin' guy running with the blue ovals anywho :)
Too much drama here about this filter. Some act as if the engine will explode if this filter is used. That and/or, the earth will start turning in another direction.
IMHO, an engine using an oil filter numerous times would sustain more damage over using this filter.

I would not be surprised if Fram filters sold at WalMart have a unique UPC code to indicate such. I've seen it before. They are probably Fram filters largest customer and probably manufacture in lots exclusively for WalMart, and part of their UPC indicates it.

Like said above, the way I see the picture on my screen, it looks like a manufacturing defect. I'd keep it and Email honeywell the pic given the issues with returning it. Ultimately it's on them, not WalMart. Maybe they'll send you a new one or better.

I would run that filter with no questions asked.
Sorry the questions have already been asked. :)

What is you reasoning for running it?

Other than, "I've run over Aardvarks with my truck late at night - after hours of drinking at the pool hall - and that critter ... it dinged up the filter something wicked - but it is still running, so ..."

Are you aware the assembly leaf spring sits just above the damaged area with the bypass poppet valve situated in a blanked out hole at its centre?
I say again, risk damaging a 5K engine over a 5 dollar part? That is quite the spin of the wheel.

Sorry the questions have already been asked. :)

What is you reasoning for running it?

Other than, "I've run over Aardvarks with my truck late at night - after hours of drinking at the pool hall - and that critter ... it dinged up the filter something wicked - but it is still running, so ..."

Are you aware the assembly leaf spring sits just above the damaged area with the bypass poppet valve situated in a blanked out hole at its centre?
I say again, risk damaging a 5K engine over a 5 dollar part? That is quite the spin of the wheel.

It’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it. Just as you are yours.

I was in Wally World the other day and opened up a Fram Tough Guard box and someone had replaced the TG with a SuperTech. I assume they put the TG in the SuperTech box. All in the effort to save a few bucks. Shameful.

Yep, you have to be vigilant no matter where you shop.

Fram looked at the pics and said it looked like it was dropped; they are sending me a new one.
If they don't ask for the old one back, I will cut it and post after I receive it.

There ya go. Good customer service on Trico/First Brands.

Back