Fram Sure Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, however my fear is that JC Whitney is known for less then quality merchanidise and it may be a piece of junk. Guess I would rather pay double for the quality of the one mentioned earlier

I was reading the description on the oil extractor (the griots one) in the above link. Why would it not be
compatible with late model GM V-8 engines???

[ October 17, 2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Ross ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ross:
I was reading the description on the oil extractor (the griots one) in the above link. Why would it not be
compatible with late model GM V-8 engines???

I'm betting that it has something to do with how their pans are shaped or configured. I know some Ford vehicles have 2 drainplugs for this reason. The SUVs probably have a hump in their pans to clear the front diffs.

I just bought the mityvac extractor with the brake bleed adapter. It's one very nice set up.

The flexable brake bleed kit will allow one to hook it up to almost anything. I should be able to hook up the tubing to power steering return line or transmision return line. Sould make exchaning fluids much easier. No more turkey baster in the PS fluid either!!

Thanks for the heads up about the extractors..

I bought mine from toosource.com
http://www.toolsource.com/ost1/mityvac/

The extractor with the brake bleed kit was $69.00

[ October 31, 2003, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Ross ]

quote:

Originally posted by katsdad:
Would these type vaccum systems pull more fluid out of the transmission than a pan drop?

I think they will but certainly easier and cleaner and if not you could certainly do it more often due to the ease.

With a pan drop or drain the ave is about 50% of the fluid and I did a syphon last month and got just over 50% (not the pumps shown above)so I would say they are similar in effectiveness.

I don't have the Frams for oil pan as I use Fumotos, I have 5 of them on, love them. Now, is they made them for tranny plugs!

[ October 31, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Spector ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back