Fram PH3593A cut open - 6,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut open this Fram PH3593A, it was in use for 6,000 miles with Pennzoil HM 5w30 in my buddy's 2000 Honda Civic 1.6L with 165k miles. ADBV looked perfect, and everything seemed to be held together pretty well. Not bad for under $4.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I had a 2000 Civic with the B16 engine and ran this filter religiously. Looks like it held up just fine.

Originally Posted by Corollaman
Fram extra guards have looked good in comparison to the Motorcrafts we've seen. I'd have no problem using a Fram.

I was going to say the same thing.

Cheapest FRAM > Most Motorcrafts

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good write up and pictures. May I ask what oil and filter went back in and on?

Thank You
smile.gif

The filter was replaced with a Wix 51334 I had, and the oil that went in was Pennzoil HM 5w30.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Fram extra guards have looked good in comparison to the Motorcrafts we've seen. I'd have no problem using a Fram.

I was going to say the same thing.

Cheapest FRAM > Most Motorcrafts

I won't use a Motorcraft again. It's only partially due to the media tear issues (although that isn't good either), but when I cut one open both the end caps just fell right off, like the glue was not even doing anything. I don't use these Frams often, but I was surprised at how difficult it was to separate the fiber end caps. Definitely a decent filter for the price with the silicone ADBV.

I used to stay away from Fram because of the cardboard thing. Not anymore. Fram is my go to brand now. It is rare to see anyone posting a defective one.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I would use a MC over a FRAM, ANY DAY!
Thanks for the C&P.

"All by myself... don't want to be...."all by myself"....

Thanks for the C&P.

"All by myself... don't want to be...."all by myself"....

Yeah....... it's hard to understand someone when they choose to ignore the mountains of data and evidence that supports the FACT the Motorcraft are no longer a well-made filter.

Thanks for the C&P.

Did you continue with the cut opens on the MC filters? I would use an Ultra, but not the EG or TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back