FRAM PH3593A - 7,300mi OCI - Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Are you looking at the photos here?

It appears to me that the end caps and filter media have no structural rigidity to keep the filter element within its build tolerances.

I would think partial filtration, at best, was delivered by this filter.

But a few holes in the media would be a-ok, right?

"FRAM filters are warranted against defects in design, materials and workmanship. New vehicle warranties remain in effect when FRAM filters are installed according to directions on FRAM filter packaging and replaced at least as often as vehicle manufacturer’s recommended change intervals."

You CAN run an Xtra Guard for an OEM recommended oil change.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Actually, if they provide said parts free of charge, they can mandate their own parts under MM warranty act.

But, I don't see a lot of free oil filters being given out by OEMs, at least outside of "free" oil change offers.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Actually, if they provide said parts free of charge, they can mandate their own parts under MM warranty act.

But, I don't see a lot of free oil filters being given out by OEMs, at least outside of "free" oil change offers.

Oh I agree, I would be interested to see the mentioned language that says
Quote:
The OCI must be done at a Hyndai [SIC] dealer with Hyndai [SIC] fluids and parts. Then went on to say in there [SIC] own perfect gramer [SIC] must be From Dealer not not [SIC] INSTANT OIL CHANGE Places or DIY.

As it is clearly a violation of MM in the US unless they are giving the services away.

I also don't interpret the language in the image of the service to mean the same thing as David1 does.

That said 12 oil changes seems a little out of the ordinary and I wonder if, in light of the engine noise issues with non OE filters, Hyundai is somehow subsidizing this...

Sorry for the off topic...

That said 12 oil changes seems a little out of the ordinary and I wonder if, in light of the engine noise issues with non OE filters, Hyundai is somehow subsidizing this...

That's certainly within the realm of possibility. All OEMs should include at least a couple oil filters with a purchase, rather than some dubious set of "free" oil changes.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
^^^ I don't believe this answered JOD's question .... JOD was talking about the way oil flows in an oil filter, not about the OCI.

"Yes I do" answers his question directly.

Did you miss that part?

Do I need to type it more slowly for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back