Fram no longer includes an oil change sticker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram used to include oil change stickers with their filters in the box, taped on to one of the flaps.

But now they don't anymore
frown.gif

Someone probably opened the box, saw the sticker and put it in their pocket. Then put the filter back on the shelf.

Might have been a decision by a corporate expert. It's a really beg corporation and this might help their quarterly profits (lol).

I recently bought some Fram Ultra filters and they still had them. Don't know if they were old stock, or if Fram still includes them with the Ultra line of filters.

Most auto part stores have the static cling windshield stickers in the oil department. You can just grab a couple from there.

Also, I remember someone saying you can contact most oil companies (Valvoline, Pennzoil, etc) and they'll send you a bunch of oil change reminder stickers if you ask for them.

Well, good news is, for me anyway and my experiences
AAP has normally a roll of OC stickers in the oil or filter aisle
as does Oreilly
Autozone you have to ask at the counter, and they hand you an AC Delco one.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Someone probably opened the box, saw the sticker and put it in their pocket. Then put the filter back on the shelf.

The Ultras are sealed, but you can kind of peek under the top flap to see if a sticker is there. However, you'd actually have to break the seal to steal the sticker, but since the seal was still intact, it means they don't include them anymore. I checked a few Ultras, some Tough Guards, and some HM's. No stickers.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Ive never seen any fram come with one. Is this at walmart or auto parts store?

It was Walmart.

If it's any consolation one of the flaps on the box for my Extra Guard PH16 has blanks on it where you can write in the date, mileage, oil type and vehicle. Then you can tear it off and keep it in a prominent spot in the car, tool box, garage etc. Not the same as a real sticker but I guess it would do. The Tough Guard I put on Mrs. Jimmy's Nissan did not include a sticker but the TG box flap may be the same as the EG.

I already have a bunch of Valvoline, Pennzoil and a few AAP static cling stickers. I also emailed Mobil 1 a few weeks ago and they sent me half a dozen Mobil 1 oil change reminder static clings and a bunch of Mobil 1 decals, all for free. The static clings are for my wife's Nissan and I put one of the smaller decals on my tool box lid.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Ive never seen any fram come with one. Is this at walmart or auto parts store?

I've used plenty of Frams over the years and have never seen a sticker either. Not even with the Ultra I just installed on my truck.

I buy my filters at a farm store and not Wally World, if that makes a difference.

I hate stickers on the windows so I don't care.

Doesn't anyone write down the mileage at an OCI anymore?

I still keep a maintenance manual....
21.gif

I have 2 trip odometers in addition to my regular odometer.

One is for OCI; the other get reset on fillup.

NASA spent 50,000 USD developing a pen that would write in zero gravity; the russians use a pencil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back