Fram Force 10060 Torture Test, 16,000 miles on a 6.0 gasser that averages 8 mpg!

Just out of curiosity, when does the OLM reach 0% on this truck?
The one on my ‘11 Express 6.0 lasts around 7500 in mixed city/highway driving, guessing the OP‘s light had been on a while!:ROFLMAO: Not sure if Isuzu requires Dexos or not, but my Express really seems to like RGT 5W30-doesn’t burn much & seems to be doing some cleaning from what I’m catching in my UPF48Rs.

For the amount of abuse, that filter looks good.

Personally, make whoever gets that truck to take into an quick lube every 3-5K. Dangle an extra hour of pay in front of them.
If the engine outlasts the vehicles ownership why spend the money on servicing it.

I'm gonna stop doing oil changes on my vehicles - they'll probably get totalled before the oil turns to sludge. 😄

I'm gonna stop doing oil changes on my vehicles - they'll probably get totalled before the oil turns to sludge. 😄
Nah-I'll keep doing them & shop for a new body when they get totaled! As long as my uninsured motorist property damage pays off! Back to the nasty 'Nati demolition derby!

Does this 6.0 have an 8 quart capacity like my 2017 5.3? If so that may be what helps keep it running when neglected.
The 6.0 liter has a 6 quart capacity with a new filter. It was not upgraded like the 5.3 and 6.2.

4DF9D063-7E6E-4B87-956B-4AE83FB2E545.jpg

Don't you have a maintenance mechanic that checks all these trucks??? If not maybe you should.
It's too much for one guy. I'm in charge of 60+ units from atv's to giant excavators. It's all I can do to just keep things running. Stuff is constantly breaking faster than I can fix them. Oil changes are last when they are screaming for me to fix a blown Hydraulic hose and replace 50 gallons of fluid.

I just did an oil change and all filters on an excavator that had 1200 hrs on it's oil today. I got lucky and nothing else was broken today the machine is 50 miles away 1 way at a job site so it's not like I can walk over to it and check it's hours.

Back