Fram filters @ Lowes

I have been using the orange can because it seems to be the best at preventing timing chain rattles when our Toyota sits more than a day.

Saw them @ AutoZone for $9.99 today.

Wandered into Lowes tonight and they have the exact same Fram filter for $3.98.

Wonder how Lowes can be selling them for less than half of what AutoZone gets?

Wonder how Walmart sells them for even less ? The auto zone ones have special paint , been discussed before .

I have been using the orange can because it seems to be the best at preventing timing chain rattles when our Toyota sits more than a day.

The big chain auto stores rip people off, I haven't stepped foot into one in years.. It's not how Lowes can sell them so cheaply, it's why the big auto parts stores sell so expensively. I can buy oil and Fram filters much cheaper at my local drug store than those big chains, something is wrong with that..

Because AZ is an auto parts CONVENIENCE STORE! $9.99 is a massive ripoff.

The big chain auto stores rip people off, I haven't stepped foot into one in years.. It's not how Lowes can sell them so cheaply, it's why the big auto parts stores sell so expensively. I can buy oil and Fram filters much cheaper at my local drug store than those big chains, something is wrong with that..
The big chain AP stores are subsidizing their commercial customers on the backs of their walk-in ones. A garage will pay 35-40% of list price, and get free delivery from the little white truck too! That's why AZ is only good for rent-a-tool, or maybe yearly clearances (if you can beat the commercial salesmen & employees to them!), and that's pretty much it. Unless you're broken down in front of one...

Back