FRAM Extended Guard Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally use a Mobil 1 EP (or K&N) oil filter (via the Autozone sales) on my wife's RX330, but I am going to try the new 10,000 mile Fram. For $7.97 at Wally's, that is a great price for what appears to be a solid filter. I change the oil every 5K and replace the filter every 10K. It will be at least 9-10 months until I have results, but I will get a UOA at the end of the Fram run.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
With the better construction and media it kind of shuts down the Fram haters doesn't it.

If it werent for the price it certainly would.

People buy the K&N for more money and it is made to run the same distance (10K?), yeah? I'd think that would make the Fram a better buy, providing the claim is 10K miles for them.

Where did you see these 10,000 mile filters? The Fram website shows them as 7,000 mile filters.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Where did you see these 10,000 mile filters? The Fram website shows them as 7,000 mile filters.

It is strange that their website hasn't caught up with their product offering. The new Xtended Guard (vice Extended Guard which were good for 7,000 miles), have 10,000 miles written on the side of the box and talk about the general construction of the filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: roushstage2
I thought it said Xtended instead of Extended!!! I almost typed that a few times and had to look at my box.

it may well say that,just poped up in my store the other day.

Indeed... It's down. Ok, quickly everyone, lets choose another to take down!
LOL.gif

As of last night it was not on there WS.it's just a glorified EG filter with supposedly more dirt holding capacity,a double layer media in a gold box.
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back