FP60+ causing container vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using FP60 and FP60+ for quite some time.

We moved in April and I moved all my FP60+ stuff and it all got buried in the garage. I finally dug it all out after months of being behind other boxes to find both of my FP measuring bottles have collapsed inward. One so bad that it split in one spot (so I have leakage).. The other collapsed inward and squeezed some product out the top.

The product sat on the bottle for months. Now the outside of the bottle is tacky and the wording on the bottle (along with the measurement intervals) just wipe away with a rag.

Why these caps aren't self venting I don't know. But I think I'll go back to FP60 so I don't have this problem again.

Even Ritchie from Lube Control admitted this was a bit of a problem and switched to higher density gallon bottles to help combat this.

frown.gif

Then again, I may just forego fuel cleaner all together as both of our cars are GDI now.

Last edited:
I some what noticed the same thing when I used FP. FedEx shipping is Ridiculous! I chose to switch to a Redline & TCW3 mix and never looked back.

I started just barely opening the top nozzle to allow some venting.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
I some what noticed the same thing when I used FP. FedEx shipping is Ridiculous! I chose to switch to a Redline & TCW3 mix and never looked back.

I started just barely opening the top nozzle to allow some venting.

I'm not sure what this has to do with FedEx? I will probably switch away or stop with fuel additives (other than Top Tier gas) once my bottles are done.

Last edited:
LoL! In MY Personal Experience It has everything to do with it!!!! I would still be using FP60 If shipping was not almost 1/2 the cost the product.

I could deal with the vacuum issue!

All LC products are top notch!!

LoL! In MY Personal Experience It has everything to do with it!!!! I would still be using FP60 If shipping was not almost 1/2 the cost the product.

I could deal with the vacuum issue!

All LC products are top notch!!

ahh, but any other products you buy 'off the shelf' just hide that shipping in the cost. you're still paying it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Back when I used to use FP3000 and FP60 I remember having that issue with the bottles as well.

I do recall that, but not this extreme.

All my additives come shipped to my door! FREE SHIPPING! Redline is $2.00 Cheaper per bottle then any other place in town. My TCW3 the exact same! $1.86 cheaper per qt then local WM.

No Tax No Shipping!

All my additives come shipped to my door! FREE SHIPPING! Redline is $2.00 Cheaper per bottle then any other place in town. My TCW3 the exact same! $1.86 cheaper per qt then local WM.

Amazon Prime, or something else??
21.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Amazon Prime, or something else??
21.gif

Even then my point was at $12 for 12 ounces, there's all sorts of freight factored into that cost already. His shipping may be "Free" with prime, but there's already shipping costs he's paying for either way.. just like any other product you buy.

Unholy $%#! That is the Problem!

I'm not paying your so called $12 for 12oz. You might be with FP60 after you figure in the shipping.

Fact is--->I'm getting it cheaper then ANY place locally! Without wasting time and gas.

I think folks need to worry about what ISIS is doing and not what I am paying for shipping.

Have a Very Nice Day!

One more comment and I'm not going to visit this Dr Phil thread again.

Lube Control Products are Great Products.

I MYSELF was wise enough to quit ordering from them when they quit giving out coupon codes to help compensate for the shipping.

Any NORMAL person... Would get tired of paying $16 shipping for a $39 dollar product. I did! Im only about 10 hours away from them.

I am now using products that have a Very Large following and have shown me positive results over the last 7 years.

I can order just as much product as that gallon of FP60 without that $16 shipping. For A lot Less. And still use 1oz per 5gallons.

Ok! Let's worry about working on something outside in the garage!

I'm not paying your so called $12 for 12oz. You might be with FP60 after you figure in the shipping.

Please share then. Redline SI-1 is just under $12 on Amazon for a bottle. Though it's 15.2 oz, not 12 like I thought.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Back when I used to use FP3000 and FP60 I remember having that issue with the bottles as well.

+1. I have seen this on my smaller dosing bottles and gallon jugs with FP60, FP3000, and FPPlus.

I'd happily welcome the return of shipping coupons. RLI is local to me, so I've been doing Bio-Plus lately. A gallon shipped via prime is a much better price than FPPlus and, objectively, seems as good or better in my vehicle.

--Matt

Last edited:

I am now using products that have a Very Large following and have shown me positive results over the last 7 years.

I can order just as much product as that gallon of FP60 without that $16 shipping. For A lot Less. And still use 1oz per 5gallons.

What are these products?

Originally Posted By: keesue

What are these products?

After reading his posts, why would you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back