FP & LC in a new vehicle???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to know if it is a bad thing to use FP and LC in a new vehicle. Just purchased a Mazda3 for my wife, and was wondering if it is not a good idea using the said products. I have had great results in prior vehicles with these products.

Any info would be appreciated.

I've used them both from nearly day one, I can't imagine either causing problems really.

I think I read a recommendation once here: FP from day one, LC after 1000 miles or so? I'm probably really mangling it in my 'mis-rememberation'.

(they beat me to it
wink.gif
)

G

Thanks for the information. After the initial 1000-1500 miles, should the oil be changed before adding the LC?

quote:

Originally posted by M. Davis:
Thanks for the information. After the initial 1000-1500 miles, should the oil be changed before adding the LC?

I would change the oil and filter, too. I waited till 3K to do my first OC, but it was mostly highway miles. Be sure to leave enough room for the LC. If your sump holds 5 qts, I'd put in 2 or 3 qts of oil, then add 5oz of LC, the add more oil up to the full mark on the dipstick.

I purchased a brand new vehicle last November and waited until 5k when I changed the OE oil out and began using both products.

In retrospect, I should have used FP from day 1...(as recommended). The tailpipe is just now being cleaned out...but probably would have stayed so. The factory oil was dark/black, but is now as clean as the day I put it in (3k mi. later now).

It makes sense to use FP from the beginning for cleanliness. I may wait for the 3000 mile oil change to add the LC. I guess the engine needs to be broken in before using much of anything.

Does anyone know if Mazda uses MC 5W/20 for factory fill?

Ive run FP from new in my saab... It has been great.

Ive never noted any difference in coloration of the end of the tailpipe, using FP or not.. though all of my engines have always run spectacularly...

JMH

Does FP60 cause the spark plugs to wear out more quickly?
dunno.gif

I used 2 bottles of Chevron Techron back to back for 700 miles and my spark plugs (NGK Vpower) came out DOGGed and they were used for only 22K miles.

They looked as if they had 100K miles on them.

Just bought wife a 2006 Outlander Mitsu MIVEC 2.4 I4.

This engine will get LC and Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 eventually.

Or should I use Specialty formulations 0w20.....when I can get it!

FP 1 to 5 went in the fuel tank as soon as I got it home.

Terry

Magoo, No FP will not wear out plugs any faster than fuel will. Will keep them cleaner. You have a fuel delivery or dirt ingress issue not a fuel add problem.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
Just bought wife a 2006 Outlander Mitsu MIVEC 2.4 I4.

Terry

offtopic.gif

Gracious Terry, a NEW vehicle??? Oh, I see. For the wife. Bet your still toolin around in the Quad 4
grin.gif

BTW, since introduced to FP and LC, all my new cars/bikes have seen FP from day 1 and LC after 1K. Nothing but clean goodness goin on in all them engines
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back