Found some old style PF52 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was at Wal-Mart tonight, and realized that it had been over 3k miles since I'd changed oil in my Camaro (it's been in the tranny shop for a while, and I just got her back this week, so it had been sorta out of sight, out of mind, lol), and decided to pick up some Pennzoil YB 10W-30 ($12.00 for 5 quarts can't be beat, IMO), and a PF-52. Well, I was looking at the assortment, and I noticed that the packaging of the boxes at the very back of the shelf was ever so slightly different... I took one out, and opened the box to see that it was the Pre-Ecore design filter. I found 2 of 'em there, and decided to get 'em both, of course. (which makes sense considering I've got 3 vehicles running that filter) Anyhow, just a friendly reminder, if you're looking old-style ACDelco oil filters, be sure to look at Wall of China... lol

Are they the kind with the silicon ADBV? I bought a bunch of them when I saw them at Wal-Mart. They're very well built and do a great job.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Are they the kind with the silicon ADBV? I bought a bunch of them when I saw them at Wal-Mart. They're very well built and do a great job.

Yeah, these have the silicone ADBV.

I noticed that too at my WM,,you also can grab some NG 1036's,,there the same exact filter inside and out.

I think AC went though some supply issues at one point. I've had PF-52's in the normal "AC" style, some with the silicone ADBV (which looked exactly like a Wix baseplate and ADBV) and some E-Core's. Finally settled on Baldwins.. consistant, cheap, and they work.

I've heard before about the "old style" (wix) PF52's also and checked my local WM a few months back, they had a whole shelf full of the other style (raised baseplate). I have never seen an E-Core PF52. Just this Sat. I was at WM and looked again and now the shelf is filled with the Wix style! Leaving me wonder just which one is "current"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back