Found some M04 and M02 today

At the Zone this morning and found 4 bottles of Castrol Syntec 0W-30, 3 M04 and one M02. The M02 was in a different bottle and said made in the USA on the back. Bought the three M04's by the way but left the M02. I guess I have caugth the green madness. Now I need some more and decide which car to put it in. [I dont know] Jim [ August 06, 2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: jwillett ]

I passed on 4-5 Green the other day when I purchased some Kendall syn-blend for an older vehicle. I wanted to try it because of the hype & fine UOAs - but I want more than one oil change with it. To me, there's no sense in switching over if I can't buy it anymore. With my Mobil-1 supply, I've got some time to wait on more Gold UOAs to come in.

quote:
Originally posted by jwillett: At the Zone this morning and found 4 bottles of Castrol Syntec 0W-30, 3 M04 and one M02. The M02 was in a different bottle and said made in the USA on the back. Bought the three M04's by the way but left the M02. I guess I have caugth the green madness. Now I need some more and decide which car to put it in. [I dont know] Jim
You did right...if it is the "craft" put into GC that you are looking for, leave the Made in US on the shelf. [Cheers!] Just a reminder, there is M02 "Made in Germany" but you need to check the label carefully to make sure it is the German vintage.