Found Shell Rimula at my local UFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for a dino oil I could use for an OCI with ARX in my 6.0 powerstroke so I hit up the CO-OP first and then UFA. In my search I find Shell Rimula in 2 flavors 10w-30 and 14w-40 and they are the cheapest HDEO oil on the shelf there $15/5L jug at UFA. I remember reading posters here from Australia about how good Rimula is, so I am gonna give it a shot!
The other option is CO-OP D-MO 15w-40 for $16/5L jug.
What do you think?

There are lots of Rimulas. Some are very very good, some are just OK. What kinds are there?

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
There are lots of Rimulas. Some are very very good, some are just OK. What kinds are there?

Charlie

Its Rimula Super.
quote from pds
"Shell Rimula Super is an advanced high TBN/low-ash heavy-duty motor oil for longer oil and engine life in virtually all diesel engines. Designed for fleet and off-highway use, Rimula Super offers the convenience of one oil for use in both the latest low-emission engines with exhaust emissions systems as well as offering excellent performance in pre-’07 engines"

Rimula super (as badnews' link shows) is a medium level HDEO for pre-DPF engines.
I agree Ultra is "the best" for pre-DPF motors but ACEA E4 oils are far and few between in North America. The only ones I can think of are Delvac 1 non-ESP and D1 SHC (very hard to find). The main raison d'etre of E4 oils is (very) extended OCIs which I gather isn't a good idea in Powerstrokes.
The Super is CI4, MB 228.3 and Cummins 20078 rated so it should be safe in the Powerstroke and should serve you well. Not in the winter however. Unless your engine and oil pan are always pre-heated.
The Co-op oil I am really interested in is D-MO SL 0W40 for wintertime use.

Charlie

I am not interested in extended drain as this will be an ARX run, so i just need a dino.

I have a nice little stash of XD3 0w-30 for this winter, then after its gone I may be using the D-MO 0w-40 unless my Esso bulk dealer can swing me a good deal on XD3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back