Found on Clearance Table at Home Depot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is cool, the "See Snake".

See-Snake-v1.jpg

I have several things I want to do with it, but I had really hoped to be able to explore beyond Toyota's annoying oil filler baffle, which blocks most of the view of the engine's internals. Got one quick shot of the end of the exhaust cam, not really trying, no practice, so not so good. Unfortunately, the opening is about 2 mm too narrow to get the head in any further. Oh well.

My-Camshaft-v1.jpg

It will be fun to work (and play...) with anyway. I may just have to make some "mods" to that baffle.

There is a smaller sized camera head for this type of inspection. It is catalogue number 30068 Imager Head and Cable 9.5 mm. Check ToolUp.com, they usually have this stuff fairly cheap.

They actually developed the smaller head for use through spark plug holes as a bore scope.

Ridgid actually makes these for Snap-On to re-brand as well, it is the same tool.

How much was it??? Those would be great for getting a shot of that infamous oil pump gear position before trying to stab a distributor tucked up next to a firewall!

They are on ToolUp for $260 with the 9.5 mm head that can go through spark plug holes. Catalogue number is 31123. They come with a choice of 17 mm standard head, which is what I believe ekpolk bought, 9.5 mm small head, and you can buy the heads seperate as well as a 3'/6" extension depending on what you are trying to do. There is even an accessory pack for the 9.5 mm head with a mirror so you can lock back at the valves.

ekpolk has the older model which HD looks to be clearing out at $199.

The new model has been upgraded for strength, has aluminum camera heads and an RCA output for viewing on a larger screen or recording from the camera.

Ridgid makes the video scope Snap-On sells, as per my Ridgid rep. He actually came up three weeks ago to demo a lot of this equipment to me. Different unit but same plant and many shared components.

Last edited:
I use that same model at work, we use it to check out furnace heat exchangers and to see if a/c coils are plugged with dirt.

It works like a dream

Nice score.

The Milwaukee one is nice. Home Depot had it on a promo with a free Milwaukee screw gun for 259. I didn't have any extra cash and now the scope is 259 without the gun. Not cool.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
. . .
ekpolk has the older model which HD looks to be clearing out at $199.

The new model has been upgraded for strength, has aluminum camera heads and an RCA output for viewing on a larger screen or recording from the camera.
. . .

I got this one for $149. The clearance table sticker noted an original price of $199.

I'll be looking for the smaller head. This thing is really cool.

I would love to have one of these for looking inside different parts of my engines. It would be great to do a before/after on piston faces using different additives for cleaning carbon deposits etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back