found my tick sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.
The noise only comes when the clutch is released. So foot up at idle and as you rev the engine the noise increases. But if you push the clutch in the noise stops. It happens about 65% of the time but it doesn't always do it. The noise definitely sounds like it's coming from the back of the transmission. (Drivers side) not up by the clutch and pressure plate but towards the back. Any ideas? Do some of these focuses do this? It shifts fine and doesn't exhibit any issues besides the noise.

Last edited:
Sounds like the release/throwout bearing....though it is odd that it's coming from the back of the transmission.

Yea it's definitely from the back I'm thinking it's gear rattle

Why do you make 3 topics for the same problem?

Can these please be combined into one mega

Ram_man's new econopenaltybox topic.

Also note your long history of fixing until it breaks.

Last edited:
The others weren't about a transmission at all the other we discussed oil and valve train and Di noise... Also the pp quieted down the engine a bit definitely better than the Castrol. The car is definitely far from a penalty box.
And according to focus forums this transmission does that and it's normal. Slightly annoying but as long as it's normal. I still rather have this car versus any other car in the class. A dart was a close second though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ram_man
I still rather have this car versus any other car in the class. A dart was a close second though.

I must have missed the thread where you wrote up all the different vehicles you test drove before choosing the Focus. Please provide the link.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
I still rather have this car versus any other car in the class. A dart was a close second though.

I must have missed the thread where you wrote up all the different vehicles you test drove before choosing the Focus. Please provide the link.

BC.

His reasoning was "didn't take the bailout".

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

BC.

His reasoning was "didn't take the bailout".

I've driven the elantra the civic a cruze and a dart . They're all fine cars but my preference leaned toward the focus. Was I supposed to post on detail every singles car I've driven???? And it wasn't just because they didn't take a bail out at work I work on mostly fords since we used to be a Ford dealer. I buy tools off the truck based on what I need I buy specific tools to work on what I see most often (fords) does it make much sense to be most familiar with Ford own tools specific to fixing fords and go out and buy a chevy? I think not.

Was I supposed to post on detail every singles car I've driven????

You've created a post on everything else including loaner vehicles you've driven...

Originally Posted By: G.Frost
Sounds like transmission main shaft bearing.

Or Spline excess play (a broken or too much clearance between tooth).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Was I supposed to post on detail every singles car I've driven????

You've created a post on everything else including loaner vehicles you've driven...

Not true at all. I did post a review on the Nissan sentra. Lots of folks on here post reviews of rentals. When I went car shopping I left bitog at home because I knew everyone would prefer a different car for different reasons and the car is for me so my opinion on that was really all that mattered to me. The focus isn't the best at everything but it's the best at what I care about like the driving experience cost to insure and safety.

cat-tick.jpg

Last edited:
This forum is for mechanical and maintenance discussions. If you don't want to join ram_mans discussion then stay out of it. Don't dog him for the number or nature of his posts.

On your Focus? The MTX-75 is known for having a lot of gear rollover noise. They all chatter a bit with the clutch engaged in neutral.

That's what I've heard from the focus forum. I didn't know they still used that transmission. As long as it's normal it doesn't bother me .

Originally Posted By: jk_636
This forum is for mechanical and maintenance discussions. If you don't want to join ram_mans discussion then stay out of it. Don't dog him for the number or nature of his posts.

Sorry, i did'nt mean any harm. My warped sense of humor kicked in with the picture of the tick.

Bryan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back