Found Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
found 4qts M02338 and 4qts M04280 at the AZ in Chicago Heights - I bought all 8. they also had a dozen M01 vintage and a few M0528 vintage.

this is my first green score. I tried the gold stuff a while back and was not impressed - not so much by the high copper in my UOA (which surely was due to the techron and regane I used), but by the weak add pack. you can see that UOA here... GC UOA

anyway, I plan to put this green stuff in soon. in a couple months I'll update my MPG thread with summer use GC MPG data (when I used the gold it killed my fuel economy, but since I put it in in late November that may have been due to cold temps/winter gas).

side note - that green stuff sure does smell like candy -- but the Gold GC is a very different aroma.

quote:

Originally posted by sky jumper:
found 4qts M02338 and 4qts M04280 at the AZ in Chicago Heights - I bought all 8. they also had a dozen M01 vintage and a few M0528 vintage.

this is my first green score. I tried the gold stuff a while back and was not impressed - not so much by the high copper in my UOA (which surely was due to the techron and regane I used), but by the weak add pack. you can see that UOA here... GC UOA

anyway, I plan to put this green stuff in soon. in a couple months I'll update my MPG thread with summer use GC MPG data (when I used the gold it killed my fuel economy, but since I put it in in late November that may have been due to cold temps/winter gas).

side note - that green stuff sure does smell like candy -- but the Gold GC is a very different aroma.

Congrats on your find! I'm jealous. I've searched just about every AZ between the Chicago 'burbs and Rockford; all are out of green GC, but have plenty of gold. Sorry to hear that your UOA on the gold wasn't so good. I did a search, however, and there are about 6 or 7 GC gold UOAs that range between "acceptable" to "great". Better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back