found gc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i found two cases of gc green at az.

Should i buy it up or is it any big deal, i mean do i really need it.

You definitely need it. GC is the elixer of life! Depending on what you drive, of course, it should make your engine very happy. You can expect the elves to bestow their blessings too...

I've used GC 0w30 GOLD in my 2004 2.2L Ecotec Pontiac Sunfire and I've seen EXCELLENT results. Go to the Used Oil Analysis page and you can see my UOAs there. This stuff is awesome. Am in the process of seeing how it does vs Amsoil on long runs.

I have tried using the search feature to find some answer on gc but i haven't found what i need.
ow30 seems thin as compared to most oil, What engines is it best in ?

I tried finding some links to why this green stuff is so important, can anyone link me to some good post describing why the big hunt for GC.

0w30 German Castrol is actually thicker than 5w30 Mobil 1. I'm no scientist but this is what I've learned on here. Maybe someone has the links to the Viscosity FAQ and German Castrol FAQ?

The reason why German Castrol 0w30 Green is talked about is because it is a TRUE synthetic (group IV or V) that is imported from Germany (says: Made in Germany on the back). It is also pretty cheap for the high quality oil inside.

German Castrol 0w30 GREEN is no longer being made as it is now GC 0w30 Gold. So it is almost a collector's item. Look at the number on the bottom of the quart - anything before M501xx was the last Green and the rest (ex. M503) is normal gold color.

It tends to do well in engines asking for 5w30 or 10w30. It is a heavy 30 weight so some people see MPG loss in smaller engines (1.8L Hondas). In my engine it quieted a lot of startup racket and makes the engine sound smoother when moving through the RPM band.

Hope that helps.

I'm a little more educated now, thanks for the links guys.

One more thing, does the german gold say made in germany or made in the usa with some imported ingredients ?

quote:

One more thing, does the german gold say made in germany or made in the usa with some imported ingredients ?

It will have "Made in Germany" printed on the rear label, IIRC. It's not actual GC if it indicate anything other than that.

In what engine would you be putting it, and what is the manufacturer's recommended viscosity?

Have you searched the UOA forum for engines like the one you have, and what oil seems to get the best results?

Ah, ok.

so it will still have the red label and say made in germany but have a later date on the bottom.
after m05010 ,right?

What are the gold label bottles with "made with import ingredients".

quote:

Originally posted by XB70:
In what engine would you be putting it, and what is the manufacturer's recommended viscosity?

I wasn't sure what the gc worked best in, but i have 4 cars in my family, my new truck under warranty ( 5x30 )
wifes 2000 alero (5w30)around 70k miles or so.
sons 82 TA 305 engine with around 60k miles.
my hotrod 79 malibu with soon to be built 355 engine for summer use only.

Quote..
Have you searched the UOA forum for engines like the one you have, and what oil seems to get the best results?

I have posted and searched for the best oils for my familys needs and got some advice, slightly different recomendations but good advice.
I'm confused about the best oils with the best amount of additives like gc green and gold, Rotella T, delo 400, etc..
I thought rotella T and delo were for diesel engines only and no way for gas engines.
All the talk about the oil companys removing the good additives made me aware of wanting to find the best oils still using the additives or buying oil additives to replace what we need for our engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back