Found an M03 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
While waiting for my son's out of town hockey game to start I dropped by the local Walmart. The first 10 GC bottles had the 'gold' lot #s. But at the very back I struck gold...I mean green
wink.gif

M050286A... (The 'last' of the green?)

AND still available was

M030426B

There cant be many/any? such old bottles still on sale...hey maybe it is a collector's item!

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:

Can you confirm please that it's green...
I have my doubts.
If it is then you just have discovered the latest Green batch known to the human kind.

quote:

Originally posted by ucandoit:
Green is green right? Is there any diff between the greens?

These batches turned to be remarkably similar.

..........Green.....Green.....Green.......Green........Gold
..........M04023..M04097..M04280...M05010.......M05028

P.........1076......1105......1123.......1222...........903
ZN.......1277......1187......1287.......1348...........1157
CA.......3401......3683......3431.......3428...........1941
MG.......222........218.......238.........229............770
TBN......9.03.......8.47......8.81........9.03...........9.03

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

I have my doubts.
If it is then you just have discovered the latest Green batch known to the human kind.

I was too excited yesterday when I scanned the batch numbers with my blurry bifocal glasses and saw "M050..." I didnt pay enough attention to the next digit...the 2
frown.gif
. So today a heavy heart and shaking hands I uncorked the bottle in the basement and poured a swig into a paper dixie cup.......GOLD it is. Cr#$$.

Some advice needed: Pscholte, do you think it necessary to quarantine the one misfit gold from the rest of 32 litres of true unadulterated green?
grin.gif
Any chance of contamination by osmosis if they are 'shoulder to shoulder'?
dunno.gif

quote:

I have 3 bottles with M030426A I bought the other day in Auto Zone. Green is green right? Is there any diff between the greens? In the 17 qts I bought yesterday there was 1 M02 something but it had a small hole right where it says the SL rating was oozing a little...I left that man behind with 2 of his yellow lable buddies
wink.gif

The early early batches of green showed higher iron levels than you'd expect in a virgin oil (the highest VOA I recall seeing had iron at around 9ppm), but nobody ever seemed to have a performance problem, at least that got reported, as a result. Otherwise, as vad's numbers show, the stuff is pretty consistent.

I have 3 bottles with M030426A I bought the other day in Auto Zone. Green is green right? Is there any diff between the greens? In the 17 qts I bought yesterday there was 1 M02 something but it had a small hole right where it says the SL rating was oozing a little...I left that man behind with 2 of his yellow lable buddies
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

I have my doubts.

Vad,

Yesterday I found a lonely singleton of the green M050106ATW802539-7

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
Some of the quarts I picked up today are M051226 and they're green. The rest of mine are M04 something.

Did you leave a 0 out of there somewhere. M51226 should be gold not green

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
Some of the quarts I picked up today are M051226 and they're green. The rest of mine are M04 something.

Did you leave a 0 out of there somewhere. M51226 should be gold not green

****! You're right! That means I've only got 26 qts of green!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back