Found Ammo Today

I was in Rural King today and to my surprise they had a few 150 count boxes of Winchester 22 Mag in stock for $29. I bought one.

I have been checking my local gun shop as well as favorite online / local walmart, no luck with 9mm or 380 since march.
Armslist sellers have been posting locally from time to time, at 2-3x the usual cost however.

Found two boxes of .22 Magnum at Dunhams yesterday and bought them , $18.50/50 round box. Could not find any on line , at least the sites I looked at, so was surprised to find it in the store.

There is ammo on the shelves of my local gun stores, but most of it is at least double the price of six months ago.

E.G. I can buy a case of 5.56 - $800/1000

No thanks.

I've seen some come up on a few of my favorite online retailers, but I've had zero luck with anything on the shelves. As if finding the ammo online wasn't hard enough already, now shipping has become another pain point. I don't have much use for stashing oil, but the last 6 months have taught me that I should be stashing more rounds, for sure.

I ha e been checking my local gun shop as well as favorite online / local walmart, no luck with 9mm or 380 since march.
Armslist sellers have been posting locally from time to time, at 2-3x the usual cost however.

You know you're never going to find handgun ammo at Wallyworld right? The local WMs seem to have .22 mag but no .22 LR.

I reloaded 1000 rounds of 40 S&W Monday for the cost $96,00 and half a day of my worthless labor including taking apart the 550 Dillon to clean and lube it. I bought the Dillon in 1991 and still love the loader.

Dillons rule IMHO when it comes to reloading. Had my XL650 since 1994. It's been taken apart for cleaning and lubrication more times than I can remember. You tried any of these polymer coated lead bullets yet ? I've loaded up a bunch of .38 Specials and they seem to be a vast improvement over smoking bullet lube.

That is what I used for the first time in S@W 140 gn Missouri bullet coated . I loaded 25 last week and I like the load The coated bullets will be my to go from now on. I remember when I bought the 550 the 650 was new and well ,,, they load in warp speed compared to the 550.

I was buying it up when it was cheap including the green tip Lake City M855 in the ammo cans. I do not think that is available today at any price. Let’s just say I have enough put up for current and future needs for a very long time. Here a lot of people keep a stash of motor oil, which is mental. It’s nuts. Oil is always on sale, there is a glut of it and getting cheaper by the year.

223 is really easy to reload,,, Other than the case trimming. I haven't reloaded 223 in 7 years though.

local gun stores that i frequent have pretty much all caliber ammo with a two box quota but at double or triple normal prices in mostly fmj ball configuration. the other day my best stocked, but most unfriendly, lgs refused to honor prepanic prices that were clearly marked and unchanged on some 45lc ammo out on its shelves. bad joss there.

big box stores have some various “hunting” centerfire caliber rifle ammo, no handgun ammo but consistently some boxes of 22wmr and 17 hmr, but no 22lr, at usual prices. i loaded up following the 2012 ammo droughts so my stock is quite ok. it’s a good thing that i really like my ruger single six with its 22wmr cylinder.

Been across 6 states in the past 2 weeks. 9mm ammo is non existent. Can’t find it anywhere. 22lr is pretty easy to find with a little searching. The big chain stores are holding their prices much better than local gun shops. A shop in Vegas had a 50 box of nothing special 22lr for $18. Passed on that. Just got a Ruger Wrangler 22lr to shoot some of the lower speed ammo that I find sometimes.

Simmons sporting goods has had a lot in stock online lately, found 50 packs of 9mm for 17.99, free shipping over 100$. Not great, but definitely better than some other places.Theyre allowing a certain amount of 20 pack/50 rds as well, so you can load up if youre ok with the price.

I was looking just to see what’s out there. It’s a time to strap on that 41 mag or carry the 6.5 Swede, both easily available.

Hi
The 'panic' buying of ammunition in America would seem to be having an effect over here. Shooters are expecting there to be disruption in the supplies from America so are stocking up. No Pistols over here obviously.

I handload for all my Rifles so am unaffected. I have plenty of brass, primers, powder and bullets on hand.

Back