Found a wrench

Doing some grading with my funky old tractor I dug this old wrench up. Guess I should soak it in penetrating oil and see if I can get it to work.

Wonder how old it is?

IMG_20220704_105152562.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Once cut the front air duct work out of an old VW bus, scored a 10/11mm Craftsman boxend combo from that duct, but that combo wrench is rather slim..... how does one lose a 1 pound wrench in a tractor?
Maybe it was left somewhere in a nook as a tool holder of sorts. ?

Yep, Ford. I think they were included in the old tool kits that came with the Model T, or some such. We had a few around when I was growing up. Didn't like them much then, but I supposed they worked OK.

I got it freed up with some liquid wrench.. Seems to open and close ok. Not something I would normally use though. It has " made in USA" and " 9 auto" it as well as "69".

IMG_20220704_125355455.jpg
IMG_20220704_125556786.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably made by the Vlchek company in this link. Go down half the page to figure 23 -28: http://alloy-artifacts.org/vlchek-story.html
It's tough to get a mfg. date for it. 1920's versions did not have "Made in USA". WWII models had stamped sheet metal.

See if you can find the "V" shield logo, maybe on the opposite side of Made in USA as shown in this example:

Shield V Logo
1656974294786.png

Video: "9 Auto by Vlchek"

Last edited:
I got two from a house we inherited. I find them useful for the times a crescent wrench doesn't open enough.

Back