Found a rock in the side yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 pages over a small rock?

I've got three rocks in my yard the size of a small car that I had pulled out of my back yard when they were digging the field lines.

I've got one that is over 8' long, 4' wide and 24" tall. Only way it got moved was to either push it with a 4wd backhoe or pick it up with the hoe. It would lift the front off the ground, tho.

Wow! Pablo's rock is more popular than I realized!

-

wink.gif

the rock is so famous it made it to your oil site!

Ditto for the fish.

Good way to use the pics!

JMH

It's a shame my ISP changed the addy, so all the original picts to enhance the story are gone. LCMX2 had asked in another thread why the rock pict on my website!

Seems I'll need to take another of the "final resting spot", just for fun.

hahha what the heck?? btw that is a glacier rock. look at how smooth it is. like a big creek rock. its been worn down smooth.. nice little piece of thousands upon thousands year old smoothed history..

We have a couple of nice sized rocks next to our house that I'm in the process of digging up to make room for plants. One of them is about 4' x 4' x 8" or so. I haven't dug completely around the other one yet.

I hate it when people are lazy. The folks doing the gutters snaked the drain pipe around one rock to avoid having to move it even though they had the equipment there. It wasn't covered by dirt then either. I came home one day & the big rocks weren't visible anymore. I assumed they moved them but boy was I wrong.

I hear a tune playing in the background.

Budweiser presents Real Men of Genius

We salute you, Mr. Dig up Large Rocks in the Yard Guy.

Man against nature at its finest, you show what happens when the irresistible force meets the immovable object.

So crack open a Budweiser, we salute you.

Quote:

I never understood the big deal, obsessing over moving some rocks.

Maybe because you don't have any........sorry couldn't resist. It started as a joke and sorta morphed into a life journey. A rock emerges from the womb of mother earth....alas the rock is my anchor, the pain in my neck. Hence no pictures of the final resting place! But if this thread bugs you - ignore it.

The fact that no power tools were used and some minimal oxygen was consumed during the extraction could lead to a Nobel Peace Prize - who knows?

Quote:

I hear a tune playing in the background.

Budweiser presents Real Men of Genius

We salute you, Mr. Dig up Large Rocks in the Yard Guy.

Man against nature at its finest, you show what happens when the irresistible force meets the immovable object.

So crack open a Budweiser, we salute you.

NOW there is a man who gets it.

Quote:

Quote:

I never understood the big deal, obsessing over moving some rocks.

Maybe because you don't have any........sorry couldn't resist. It started as a joke and sorta morphed into a life journey. A rock emerges from the womb of mother earth....alas the rock is my anchor, the pain in my neck. Hence no pictures of the final resting place! But if this thread bugs you - ignore it.

The fact that no power tools were used and some minimal oxygen was consumed during the extraction could lead to a Nobel Peace Prize - who knows?

Mother Earth may not like the fact that you aborted that baby rock from her womb, especially in its third triassic period.

Best wishes,

Joat

Quote:

Mother Earth may not like the fact that you aborted that baby rock from her womb, especially in its third triassic period.

Best wishes,

Joat

Well actually since the builders moved the rock there and piled dirt on it (there was a rubber glove under it), it was more like removing a cyst from mother earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back