Found a redline clearance... Should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redline 5w-20 was for sale for $5.94/quart at my local advance auto today. I hear it has a lot of moly, and my 3.5L engine has been said to 'require' it by some. (mannnny topics on that)

Is this worth buying for the price?

Is it a good oil to switch to after I break the engine in on dino for 5000 miles (over the span of two oil changes)

If I could buy it for that price, I'd buy everything they have... And yes I do use RL 5w-20.

Wayne

Get 12 quarts and don't forget to get a rebate form, because Advance Auto has a $1 per quart rebate for up to 12 quarts Redline good for purchases through April 30. I just sent mine in a couple days ago.

I think it has around 500 ppm moly. Also extra zinc and phosphorus. Check out the VOAs on this site.

BTW, Valvoline Maxlife in the newer SM lists 300 ppm moly.

buy all that you can get.

Even if you don't like the 5W-20, you can thicken it up with another, thicker, synthetic (which could well do with more moly)

Wait!!! Some advanced auto's have dropped the price to 2.50/qt! You have to be patient and wait though...and not tell any other Bob guys about it
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by crossbow:
Wait!!! Some advanced auto's have dropped the price to 2.50/qt! You have to be patient and wait though...and not tell any other Bob guys about it
smile.gif

I never saw the $2.50 at my AA and was going there frequently (like three times a week). Now they are out. So maybe better to buy some now or wait and possibly get none.

The AA near me had a bunch of 5W-20 and 20W-50 left on the shelf display for quite awhile. But they were charging $5.95. Yesterday I went there and they had none on display. I don't think they sold it, considering how slow it was moving at the $5.95 price. I thing they just took it off the shelf. I did notice that the Mobil 1 ss is going for $4.98 and the EP is going for $5.98
shocked.gif

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by burnout:
Is this worth buying for the price?

Not for most people. In fact, I'm starting a RedLine disposal service for folks so they can help AA clear it out and we can all get rid of it. There are no AAs within a thousand miles of here or I'd go help them myself. PM me for the address to send it to.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back