Found a major stash of CI-4 rated 15w-40 - Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my eyes open for some non CJ-4 oil for my water cooled bike. All of the UOA's that convinced me to use this oil were under the old spec with the high ZDDP levels. In reality, the CJ-4 will probably work just fine but I would like to stock up on the tried and true CI-4 if at all possible.

In New Jersey, I cannot seem to locate Delo, Rotella or Delvac dino in the old spec. But, I found that two of my local Walmarts have CI-4 in the quart bottles under their SuperTech label. Price is $2.47 per qt. At those prices I will likely buy a couple of cases.

I stumbled on two cases of Lubrication Engineers, Inc, Monolec 8800 15W-40 that was bottled back in October, 1998. The rating on this oil is 'SJ' and 'CG-4'.

I plan on using it in my vintage 1979 Honda CBX just to see how it reacts with the wet clutch. I think it's a bit past it's prime. :)

Originally Posted By: Hans
All Super Tech HDEO oil I have seen a Wal Mart is CI4 not CI4+ or CJ4 and it sells for $8.50 per gallon.

The gallon sizes in this area must sell faster than the quarts. Even our local Tractor Supply has dust covered gallons of CJ4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back